1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting direct and organic traffic to a new site without any seo, weird

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Bashir Naimy, May 25, 2015.

Hei guys,

So i purchased a pretty good domain in the baby merchandise nitch, did not really do anything with it and just bought a ready made theme that was pretty good. Added a few test Products and the plugin for the Amazon affilite to redirect users to Amazon when they purchase.

So left like this for a few weeks, did not have time to work on it until today.
    Did a quick check on analytics and to my surpirse its getting 40-70 vistors pr day, about 35% from organic searches and rest is either Direct or referel.

Now i find this to be quite odd, becase i have done ZERO seo and linkbuilding for this website, so how is this even possible. My other sites were i am doing SEO for are not this good lol

Is there a logical explanation to this, or am i just being Lucky here ?

Thanks

Bashir Naimy, May 25, 2015 IP
  2. Bashir Naimy

Bashir Naimy Member

Best Answers:
    Ok then, looks like the rest of you are as clueless as i am :)
    Ill actualy test this, basicly what i will do is just leave this site alone...keep adding products and building it but not doing any seo and
    see how far i can go with it :)

3. oaksvirals

oaksvirals Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Maybe the domain was previously owned? Not sure what else it could be.. unless it's a really good name that people try typing in before even doing a google search?

oaksvirals, May 25, 2015 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  4. Bashir Naimy

Bashir Naimy Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah could be, did a ahrefs.com and majestic and a few others, but did not really see any backlinks for it. But anyways, ill just consider myself Lucky and og With it :)
    Thanks for chimming in on the thread Oaksvirals

5. Eliza Anderson

Eliza Anderson Member

Best Answers:
    @Naimy My first question to you. Why does do SEO for any website?

I know that you know well, but let me give the answers to this question.

We do SEO to rank our website for some specific keywords, which have lots of searches and potential to enhance the business.

Now you are saying without doing any SEO activities, some traffic coming at your website. But I am sure this traffic really not helpful for your business. OK, one percent if, I guess, this traffic is generating quality results for your business, then you won't try to increase it. Officially, every businessman want to generate a flood of leads, then you have to do SEO for your website. You have to search new keywords and will optimize the website as per Google and other major search engines quality guidelines.

Now let me know, where did you skip the SEO. When you have made your website, then you must have followed some steps like website should be responsive, URL strictures, unique and high quality content, user friendly website design, good hosting. These all are a part of quality SEO.

Only generating the links are not an SEO, but doing small and strong on-page activities are good way of strong SEO.

According to me without SEO you can't generate your desirable results on your website through organic traffic. I am not saying that you can't generate the traffic and leads though other channels, but for organic traffic you need strong SEO.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Eliza Anderson, May 26, 2015 IP
  6. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Oaksvirals said the truth here. Your domain should be a really good name that pops up just after they type their search request, because this is exactly how you get Direct clicks (and then these visitors tell others of your site - and you get referrals)

H0stZealot, May 26, 2015 IP