1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is my website worth the time investment?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by *Sam*, May 25, 2015.

Hi All,

I started a niche website based on certain keywords all based on creating an income through adsense and after paying for a few months SEO work to be done on it, I lost interest after seeing no results or page views at all and left it. I am now looking back at it and wondering if anyone could potentially have a quick look at it for me and let me know if you think there is potential there for me to create something from it?

I don't know enough about specific keywords (I thought I did in carefully choosing these at the time but a few guys who did SEO work on it said they were difficult to rank for so obviously I don't really know a lot). It obviously needs extra content but at the moment I don't think it's getting any page views at all and definitely making no revenue. I have spent a fair amount of money on it so any advice or feedback from people who clearly know more than me on whether to go back to it would be greatly appreciated.

http://probioticsfordogstoday.com/

Best Regards,
    Sam

*Sam*, May 25, 2015 IP
  2. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    How were/are you planning on getting traffic?

Search engine traffic is great, but can be tough.
    Social media could be your best opportunity. Although it does take constant work, it can pay off.
    Make some Youtube videos, especially if you have a dog(s) yourself. Feature your dog, maybe tell the story of how your dog benefitted.
    You may want to join Amazon Associates and integrate some highly rated (4.5-5) probiotics products into your site. Write original reviews or articles on the items if you can.

Maybe try to find others that have had good results from probiotics and interview or write an article about them. Ask for a picture of their dog.

But, is it worth it? Tough to know. I think your site would need to have more to it to really benefit.

usasportstraining, May 25, 2015 IP
  3. SuperMechs

SuperMechs Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know who told you a term like this would be hard to rank but I'm fairly certain they're wrong. I'm no self-proclaimed SEO expert of any sort, but I think even a novice could rank well in the first page for these keywords within 2-3 months.

SuperMechs, May 25, 2015 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Sam, it's all about YOU driving traffic to your site that will make a difference. Don't be misled by anyone who says they can improve your SEO. Those things don't work anymore, as nobody really truly knows how the search engines rank sites today. Today it maybe one thing, tomorrow it's something else, etc. etc. when it comes to the search engines.

Grow your Twitter, G+, FB following and get your traffic from there. I get more traffic from Twitter for some of my sites than from anywhere else. There are hundreds of pet-related communities on G+. Post ads on some of them. You can start promoting your site here, if you want to:

https://plus.google.com/communities/112906456891174626789
    https://plus.google.com/communities/105619834333648877051

Tweet from your Twitter account 50-100 times a day. Grow your following there as well.

qwikad.com, May 25, 2015 IP
  5. *Sam*

*Sam* Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies!

I would like the majority of traffic ideally to be search engine and therefore was hoping to gain most of it through search engine results and the optimization to rank highly. I also did initially have an amazon associates account but due to the inactivity of it, had it discontinued since I was sending no visitors to it. Once I do gain more regular visitors to the site it's definitely something I want to get set up again.
    Sadly despite my love of dogs I do not currently have one to feature on the site since that is something I have thought of. I did have one until fairly recently but sadly he passed away.

I did initially think I had done my best to find a relatively okay keyword to target but yes I was told 6-9 months roughly and that was expensive to keep paying for the work which after 3 months showed no signs of improvement sadly.

Great advice thankyou qwikad.com! I'll definitely look at those links and look more into social media to gain traffic since I always just anticipated that search engine's would drive the majority of the traffic with enough SEO work.

*Sam*, May 25, 2015 IP
  6. DK-Tandy

DK-Tandy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Only you really know if its worth investing time into it. Questioning yourself whether you should invest or not shows you are uncertain, if you think positive, positive things will happen!

DK-Tandy, May 25, 2015 IP
  7. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I think this is the best time to know if your site is worth to invest for.
    I suggest you work on it and see how it will perform.
    On the other hand, you can also try blogging about your niche or any topic relevant to your niche.
    It will help people to know more about your niche.

Patricia Ann Lee, May 25, 2015 IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Forget about traffic for a second... You barely have any content. Any attempt to receive traffic will be wasted. There's nothing of value for a visitor to return or even stay longer than a couple minutes on the main page. That's your issue. If you had more content your web site would probably be deemed more search worthy by Search Engines. Anyway...I would suggest you to just forget about the web site. You have no passion or drive for the niche. Hence why you abandoned the web site. You mentioned you have a lot of money invested... "a lot" is a relative term. In my eyes I don't see a big investment in the site. It's time to move on and apply your focus on something you actually care about. Therefor you can write about what you love regardless of whether people are visiting it or not.

NetStar, May 25, 2015 IP