1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO advice on membership site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cri8bat, May 23, 2015.

I have a health and fitness wordpress blog with over 120 unique quality articles
    currently monitoring with adsense but getting only few pennies day.

the mojority of traffic comes from google (Search engines). the articles are well ranked in the search engines.

I was thinking to change this blog into a membership page. But I am afraid that I will lose google rankings if I switch it to a membership page.

how can I make sure that the rankings are not lost and when someone clicks on the search results he/she must register in order to read the articles.

how to make sure that google crawlers and spiders can read the content and index it (new and old content)? even in a membership site

also which membership wordpress plugin should I use????
    also is it possible to make a membership like this.
    the blog and blogpost url remain the same, but a black or gradient registration window appears on top. and when someone registers they can read the full article.

will this make google crawlers and search engine spiders to be able to read the content and index it appropriately??? which plugin does that?

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    cri8bat, May 23, 2015 IP
  2. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a good idea to convert the site into membership ones. I believe nowadays all the content are available on web freely.
    hence, it will be difficult to get members.

try focusing on adding more content and subsequently getting more traffic. In a long run you will make good money from adsense and other networks.

blogdum, May 23, 2015 IP
  3. deansoto

deansoto Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are going to hide the articles in the member area or are they still going to be out there for public indexing? I have a few member sites and they rank fine. I would keep the articles public and use them as lead generators and have preium member-only content that consists of other articles or videos or audios. The fact that you are getting steady organic traffic is great, just leave things the way they are with your content and build other premium-only content instead of trying to make your existing articles member-only.

As far as plugins, I love Digital Access Pass. I use it for most of my member sites. There are others like wishlist member as well, but I am definitely a DAP fan.

deansoto, May 23, 2015 IP
  4. cri8bat

cri8bat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so does that mean that the articles will be indexed even after being hidden for members only?

cri8bat, May 24, 2015 IP