1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CSS for same Image for all the page's Header

Discussion in 'CSS' started by alamlinks, May 22, 2015.

Hello Friends,

I have design a website in simple HTML. So many things are used in all the pages such header image. So I want to use CSS file But I am in confusion. Plz dear can any one help me what should be code in CSS file and what should be the code in HTML. Please do reply.

Thanks in Advance

alamlinks, May 22, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you mean by "simple html" -- do you have modern semantic HTML with separation of presentation from content? Or did you use old fashioned non-semantic "what things look like" HTML in which case you've completely screwed the pooch?

I you mean the site in your signature, I believe I already did a rewrite and breakdown explaining such things... If you mean any site written like the one in your signature, then you have presentational markup and need to throw away what you are doing as that's NOT "simple HTML", it's bloated outdated rubbish filled with garbage like tables for layout that has no business on any website written after 1997.

Pretty much if the image is presentation and not content, saying IMG is doing it all wrong. If you are using STYLE as an attribute or a tag, you are doing it ALL WRONG. If you are using tags like MARQUEE or attributes like TARGET, you are doing it all wrong 1990's style. If your H1 appears AFTER you start having content on the page, you are using headings ALL WRONG. If you have lists of choices not marked up as lists but instead as a run-on sentence, well... guess what?!?

If you are in fact referring to that site, methinks we have a different definition of "simple".

deathshadow, May 24, 2015 IP
  3. alamlinks

alamlinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply dear. For me Plz make a simple HTML page and use the header image in CSS file for the html page and give me, this will help me very much.

I actually want : Same image have to use in all the pages in header (for example : image1) and also all the pages have same Menus(for exaple : Home, About, Contact etc) just below the image in all the pages.

Thanks again

alamlinks, May 24, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This is done by not having hard-coded HTML-pages - you use a server-side language, like PHP, to feed your pages includes or similar.
    That way you code one file with the menu (well, for practical purposes you would utilize a database to store the information in, but that's more advanced) and include that in your other pages. Same for headings and other repeat content. Hard-coding multiple HTML-files are very old-fashioned.

PoPSiCLe, May 24, 2015 IP
  5. alamlinks

Best Answers:
    Dear, I know ASP.Net and there is MasterPage by using this the common things in all pages have to be write/design in master page and the main content of each page will be writen in the ContentPage. But My site is only HTML +CSS site. because there ASP.Net or PHP can't be installed. If any idea you have then please share it. OR you have any idea of MasterPage in HTML then share it with me.

alamlinks, May 25, 2015 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, get another host, which provide proper functionality. Does your host at least provide server side includes?

PoPSiCLe, May 26, 2015 IP
  7. alamlinks

Best Answers:
    Plz check site in my signature link. and if possible then help me.

Thanks

alamlinks, May 27, 2015 IP