1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Atari Battlezone?

Discussion in 'Games' started by jrbiz, May 22, 2015.

Now be honest, how many of you have actually heard of this game? :)

I was reading a thread in this section and, for some reason, it brought me back to the 1970's/1980's (yes, I am older than dirt.) In the 1970's, you mostly had to go to an arcade and pump quarters into a machine to play this shooter tank game. All wireframe objects, but really that has always added to the 3-D effect for me. In the 1980's, I bought a Vectrex video game player (look that oldie but goodie up!) and it had the game, so I no longer had to pay quarters to play it.

In the late 1990's/early 2000's, I found a version of it for Windows. It is a great game that you can begin playing pretty well within minutes (don't have to read a users manual to know how to play) and the only thing that it was lacking was a change of scenery. If you had been able to go places and fight different enemy tanks in different settings, it would have been even better.

Anyway, it will be interesting to learn if anyone on DP played this game way back when.

jrbiz, May 22, 2015 IP
  2. CoastWeb

CoastWeb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes. I remember Battlezone. There was a roller skating rink I went to sometimes. They had it there. I was never very good at it. My dad was into 10 pin bowling and I'd go along with him to the bowling alleys as they had video games at most of them. I remember playing games like Galaga, Street Fighter, 1942, Qix, and Star Wars. I guess thats showing my age.

CoastWeb, Aug 18, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that you were not so good at it. Compared to today's games, you could get "good" with Battlezone in about 5 minutes of play! The other games that you mention were a next generation type of game, if I recall correctly. They came out a few years after Battlezone, which was introduced around the time Asteroids and other such games were available.

jrbiz, Aug 18, 2015 IP