1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Deactivating Domains: Is this extortion?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by hsp, May 9, 2015.

I am a customer at Versio for a while where i order domain names. But this week they switched off 6 domains to force me to pay.

This happened:

On April 13, 2015. A support ticket was created because of a problem with completing an order, stating mydomain.info ticket ID 75479. There was no question of a late payment:

Although I had not mentioned a payment reference, Versio have been informed that I had made a payment with proof of payment. Proof of payment with full banking details, this should be sufficient for their records.

On May 7, 2015, 2015 00:50. I signed in for inspection, confusion began when I discovered that Versio charged me 9.06EU again. I discovered that Versio wired 9.06EU back to my account on April 1, 2015 Jl..

This means first of all that I am not in default "and" that Versio has done nothing with the administration, despite the fact the ticket in question was viewed by six people from Versio:

screenshot.JPG
    Yesterday i wanted to wire the money again, suddenly i have to pay 51EU instead of 9,06 euros and they deactivated all my domain names (even one domain of my customer) with the following message:

This domain has been put offline due to an outstanding payment. Contact the company where you registered the domain. After payment, your domain name will become available.

Those that have nothing to do with this issue and has been payed months ago.

I never experienced something like this in my life. So i wrote them a letter:

On May 8, 2015 this year. Versio has sabotaged the following domain names: xxx.com, xxx.com, xxx.com etc. while these are not relevant to this issue and the bills are paid.

Versio is guilty of blackmail: threatening with defamation (openly denigrating someone accused of certain offenses), libel (the same, only by revelation of text or images).

etc...​

What should i do?
    Take new domain names somewhere else? What should i do with Google webmaster tools?

I am looking forward to your advice.

Thanks

Last edited: May 9, 2015
    hsp, May 9, 2015 IP
  2. usa666

usa666 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Issues such as these is why I highly recommend registering and keep your names at a reputable registrar such as GoDaddy.com

I have been with them for about 11 years with no major issues. Hopefully you can transfer your important names to a better place soon and not look back. Sadly there are quite a few companies that can be shady online these days.

usa666, May 22, 2015 IP
  3. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They will claim they never got the payment on time and they are in the clear. It has happened to me several times with several registers this is why I always use my CC to renew domains because the changes can be seen in my admin panel almost immediately and there is no confusion. Also I renew the domains months before they are set to drop, so if something does go wrong I still have time to take action.

Domain Lead Finder, May 22, 2015 IP
  4. hsp

hsp Member

Best Answers:
    Hi @usa666 and @Domain Lead Finder thank you very much for your reply. I have created a video to explain better and show you what's going on.

Your opinion is appreciated.

hsp, May 22, 2015 IP
  5. usa666

usa666 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to give you credit, I think that you did a pretty good job on your video. You did a lot better than I ever could ;) If you don't already do this sort of work as a business you definitely should.

You sound like a man on a mission and hope that you get your justice. Far too many companies get away with a lot of stuff that they shouldn't.

usa666, May 22, 2015 IP
  6. hsp

hsp Member

Best Answers:
    Hi @usa666 nice to read your opinion and thank you for your positive feedback.
    It's an embarrassing situation, for a local restaurant owner i did his website to help him. Also his domain has been sabotaged, it's hard to watch him in his eyes.

It's a shame they sabotaged domains that's not related to paranormalforums. But i have to focus on my work instead on the negativity, because if you don't watch out you spend too much time on it and that can take you down. So i try to balance it.

hsp, May 22, 2015 IP
  7. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They are creeps! One thing shouldnt have to do with the other. They probably have some corrupt lawyers working behind the scene telling them just how far they can go and get away with it.

Karen May Jones, May 22, 2015 IP
  8. hsp

hsp Member

Best Answers:
    Hello thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Yes they are corrupt. To be exactly the president of Versio have threatened a customer with legal actions claiming he was spreading defamation a while ago.

The positive news is, i am finally rid of spam (email)

hsp, May 22, 2015 IP
  9. hsp

hsp Member

Best Answers:
    I have contact with ICANN, they recommend me to contact the Second Level Domains Registrar (MijnInternetOplossing). If they don't collaborate i can always ask ICANN to help. @Karen May Jones @usa666 and @Domain Lead Finder

hsp, May 23, 2015 IP
  10. Cecil Mah

Cecil Mah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think If you deactivate all domain names on the invoice, they will be credited automatically.

Cecil Mah, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  11. hsp

hsp Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand what you mean by that. They tried to request a Review removal at ISPGIDS. Under oath they gave a false reason, ISPGIDS declined their request.

It seems to be that Versio is behaving like a dog with his tail between his legs:
    • They have removed the financial increase from the invoice
    • They have removed the false statement "This domain has been put off-line due to an outstanding payment. Contact the company where you registered the domain. After payment, your domain name will become available." on all domain names
    • They have extended a lease of one domain name with one year (but without my permission)
    • The president of Versio send me a ticket (while i asked them to mail me in the future), see image. Below a translation of the original message:

We did unfortunately had no feedback, but I decided to credit the outstanding costs as compensation. If you want to continue with our conversation, please send me a message. We can possibly phone call to discuss?

[​IMG]
    Damage they've caused:
    • Caused bad or damaged the reputation
    • Old domain names with good reputation (build in years) are worthless now
    • Links build are destroyed
    • The Adsense earnings are not like before
    Is it strange to request money for the damage they have caused?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    hsp, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  12. hsp

hsp Member

Best Answers:
    My feedback (in red the translated version)

[​IMG]
    page 2:

[​IMG]

hsp, Jun 8, 2015 IP