1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for free domain transfer (+renewal)???

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by SDDK, May 22, 2015.

I want to transfer my website to an other hosting company. For that, I'm looking for any special offers where I can get a free domain transfer (+1yr renewal) & free basic hosting for the 1st year, OR at least free domain transfer (+1yr renewal).

Any help will be appreciated : )

SDDK, May 22, 2015 IP
  2. Doctor Tech

Doctor Tech Member

Best Answers:
    Hey SDDK,

I haven't seen any companies that will provide free domain transfers. But usually, providers will transfer your domain for the fee equivalent to a 1-year registration. They will provide you an additional year until expiration (plus what you have remaining at your current registrar). This technically makes the domain transfer free.

And transfer fees are usually around $10ish depending on your domain (at least that's what we charge).

Doctor Tech, May 22, 2015 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  3. SDDK

SDDK Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you doctor for your reply
    But some companies offer free domain transfer + 1yr renewal if you have any paid hosting plan with them (like hostgator), others offer free domain transfer if you extend and pay an other year...etc.
    Anyway, maybe someone can show us a free and special offer related to that : )

SDDK, May 22, 2015 IP
  4. toniya

toniya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "But some companies offer free domain transfer + 1yr renewal if you have any paid hosting plan with them" - in such case they do not give full domain rights, and create trouble afterwards and asks huge amount of money to release the domain and website.

toniya, May 23, 2015 IP
  5. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    right. I must say that nothing is given for free. And often, paying more doesn't mean you are stupid, but you are smart enough to understand the differences in the offers, choosing the best and valuable proposal.

I don't trust free offers, anyway. A minimum fee is necessary in everything, also when starting a new business.

As example, I explain in my website, how to start investing just a small amount of money. Free is impossible and 100% sure to lead to failure.

6. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Be careful of free offers they could well put the domain in to some type of re-seller account where they basically get full control over the domain name and then burn you when its time to renew either hosting or the domain name. If a project is not worth 10$ reg free and some cheap hosting you are probably better off not investing your time in it IMO.

Domain Lead Finder, May 27, 2015 IP