1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Responsive Design Question

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by dannyboy789, Apr 27, 2015.

Good Morning

Going to make our regular site responsive.

Our developers for our main site our way to expensive and I have found another company to make it.

Not really much of a techie but I believe they would need acsess to our ftp area.

Just wondering if this suggestion below from our hosting company is good after I asked the same question?

For that you have to create new FTP account and set document root path of the folder that you want to give access to them.

Just want to be on the safe side that nothing could alter on our main site.

Many Thanks

dannyboy789, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  2. DesignBytes

DesignBytes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are unsure about the work, just make a separate folder on your FTP, put a copy of this site on that, give access to them, and ask them to update all code/changes over this. Once you are sure that everything is done and tested, replace it with your live site ?

DesignBytes, May 15, 2015 IP
    Paresh Shrimali likes this.
  3. temp2

temp2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    sure, you only need to create a new FTP account, grant permission to access a dir you need, this is one of basic features when use FTP

and if you need a simple mobile version to display info, I may help my script, just tell me

regards

temp2, May 15, 2015 IP
  4. John_90

John_90 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Dany

This is an usual thing that happens when you upgrade your website. As per one of the suggestions you could either make a copy of your files on to a separate folder on your FTP and grant permission to them to this file alone and then replace it or trust them completely . We being a leading web designing company in Chennai suggest the latter method as it makes us feel comfortable working with the clients.

Regards
    john
    Spidergems

John_90, May 18, 2015 IP
  5. nshntsngh

nshntsngh Member

Best Answers:
    the server people are right. you should create a "new folder" and copy all the files there. thereafter you can create an ftp account pointing to that folder. this way you only give your new team the access of the "new folder" you made, so they cannot change your existing code.

nshntsngh, May 20, 2015 IP
  6. Paresh Shrimali

Paresh Shrimali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, we also apply same strategy in past. successfully worked done and without disturbing website.

Paresh Shrimali, May 21, 2015 IP