1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to put donation button

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by peaceandlove, May 19, 2015.

I want to know what languge site is made of

http://zamzamsom.org/ar/home.php

to me its looks like static html , Am i right?

Secondly i want to place a fixed (scrolling) donation button is that possible ifyou give me some hint how can i make it

peaceandlove, May 19, 2015 IP
  2. thejohnny

thejohnny Peon

Best Answers:
    the output is HTML, but there is some cms in the background, running a php script (file ending is .php).
    You could do that by adding a <div id="button"></div> containing your button and the css style of the div should be something like this:
    #button {
    position: fixed;
    left: 0;
    top: 200px;
    height: 100px;
    width: 100px;
    background-color: rgb(255,255,255);
    }
    That would create a 100x100px box, staying at 0/100 of the browser window ;-)

thejohnny, May 19, 2015 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Granted, using a div for a button, when we actually have an HTML-element called just that, <button> makes little to no sense. Granted, the button-element must be wrapped in a form, but at least then you'd have an actual, clickable button, doing exactly what a button is meant to do...

PoPSiCLe, May 19, 2015 IP
  4. VerifiedProxies

VerifiedProxies Peon

Best Answers:
    You can make divs look "clickable" with a simple cursor: pointer css rule as well, but considering that the donation button is probably going to another page, why not just make it a boring old anchor tag?

VerifiedProxies, May 19, 2015 IP
  5. thejohnny

thejohnny Peon

Best Answers:
    sure smartass... you need a <button> element. But also a Div as a container element makes sense in this case.

thejohnny, May 20, 2015 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Uhm, no it doesn't. It doesn't make sense because that's not how you use HTML. A div is a container, that is correct. And if you're stupid, of course you can put your form inside the div to contain it - but there is no point in doing that. A button-element needs a form containing it, and a div is not supposed to be clickable and act as a button - because for it to do just that, you need to rely on javascript, and you have no fallback method in case the user doesn't have javascript turned on.
    A link will work just as well, of course, and can be styled to look like a button, if you want it to.

PoPSiCLe, May 20, 2015 IP
  7. Umesh Nonia

Umesh Nonia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There is donate button option in Paypal and Skrill. You can get your donation directly in your bank account.
    Thanks,

Umesh Nonia, May 20, 2015 IP
    KatnissEverdeen likes this.
  8. Paresh Shrimali

Paresh Shrimali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many donate button plugins are available for eCommerce based website. but your site is not a eCommerce site. You can create pages for your different services.
    People are see these services and if they like any particular service then they donate for specific service.
    Means you can put donate button on every services web pages.

Paresh Shrimali, May 21, 2015 IP
  9. KatnissEverdeen

KatnissEverdeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was going to say that there is a PayPal Donation button. You just log into your PP and create it. It will give you "code" to put where you want it placed on your website. I believe it has to be a Business PP though.......

I have never used or worked with "Skrill" so I cant say anything about that one.

KatnissEverdeen, May 22, 2015 IP
  10. Umesh Nonia

Umesh Nonia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually you have to upgrade your paypal a/c to premier or business. I used Skrill and it's quite good.

Umesh Nonia, May 22, 2015 IP