1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Angular JS

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by serialentre, Apr 22, 2015.

Hi all,

I have been learning Angular JS to practice my JavaScript. However, I am still not convinced that Angular JS can do what jQuery or Javascript cannot do. There's been alot of talk about Single Page Application (SPA). Other than how it can load forms that has a few pages very quickly (without refreshing the entire page), are there REAL advantages to such a framework? In fact, from what I have read, SPA isn't optimized for google searches.

Does anyone have working knowledge of Angular?

If yes, would you be able to share the pros and cons of Angular JS?

Thank you!

serialentre, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  2. DMEGroup

DMEGroup Active Member

Best Answers:
    AngularJS uses jQuery and Javascript, so I'm not sure why you need convincing. I think you should research it a little bit more. AngularJS is a Javascript framework to make it easier for large SPA websites. If you use it, I guarantee you'll be using a lot of jQuery (it isn't supposed to replace jQuery).

DMEGroup, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  3. serialentre

serialentre Member

Best Answers:
    I've researched quite a bit and am learning Angular via codeschool and codeacademy. The problem is I am still building sites with css and jQuery. I want to make room for Angular in my projects but I'm not sure where it fits in.

serialentre, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  4. DMEGroup

DMEGroup Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry - this is a late response.

Basically I would start on 1 page at a time. Get your AngularJS app configurations made, specify some routes to controllers, and start converting 1 page at a time. You will need to create AngularJS directives for the places where you use jQuery. Then add that directive to the DOM where the jQuery is needed. AngularJS allows you to reuse custom 'directives' over and over again and makes your code look much cleaner. You really should start learning it, as AngularJS is a great skill to have. Once you get going with it, you'll never do JavaScript any other way. There is a reason why AngularJS is part of over 1600 applications at Google.

DMEGroup, May 18, 2015 IP
  5. Alres55

Alres55 Peon

Best Answers:
    In this article you have a nice comparison of main Javascript frameworks https://qubit-labs.com/comparison-of-javascript-frameworks-angular-js-vs-react-js-vs-ember-js/, including a scheme showing application of these frameworks.

Alres55, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  6. Javiah Mellony

Javiah Mellony Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a guide comparing Angular and React which are arguably the two most popular frameworks (though next.js is quickly gaining popularity) https://buttercms.com/blog/angular-vs-react

Javiah Mellony, Nov 24, 2021 IP