1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's in a title?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ftschumann, May 8, 2015.

Hi everyone,

My name is Florian and I'm new to the forum - so Hello everyone :)

Hope you guys don't mind, but I'd like to start off straight into a question.

I have been dabbling in web development for several years but never pursued it on a more serious level. I am now working on getting my know-how up to scratch and wish to create a business from this. However, while I have come up with a business name that I will use, it's the description/sub-title that I have an issue with.

The reason for this is that I don't just deal with web design and development, but also with graphic design (magazines, ebooks, ads, etc.). My initial draft logo simple stated "Graphic & Web Design" but my worry is that it would imply that I only am a Web Designer and not Developer.

I know that the terms are used interchangeably by many, i.e. a web designer can also be a developer, but since I have the word Graphic in the text I worry that people will think I only deal with the design aspect and not the development.

So I was wondering what you guess think and would suggest? I feel that 'Graphic & Web Design & Development' might be a bit long, any thoughts? Or would 'Graphic Design and Web Development' cover all these aspects - would one assume that a web developer who is also a graphic designer would also be a web designer?

Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question, but I'd really love some feedback on this.

Many thanks - I look forward to chatting with you all.

Best,

Florian

ftschumann, May 8, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I actually like "Graphic, Web Design & Development", but if you think it's too long you can try something like "Complete Design & Development" or just "Design & Development". Seems to be covering all of it as well.

qwikad.com, May 8, 2015 IP
  3. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about "Digital Media Design & Development"? No, that misses the magazine part. How about "Media Design & Development"?

Just look at what existing firms are doing and try to find something similar to describe what you do. You may find they are not worrying about taglines and whatnot as much as you are. Your web page itself is where you describe your services, not your tagline (or catch phrase or whatever you want to call it).

billzo, May 8, 2015 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    How about "Graphics & Website Wizards" or "Graphics & Website Experts" Keep it high level and all-inclusive.

jrbiz, May 9, 2015 IP
  5. deansoto

deansoto Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am Partial to "Digital Design Agency" or "Interactive Agency". Both encompass design and development and the use of the word agency gives a sense of something bigger than just your run-of-the-mill local web development or design business. Centeresource is a good example of this. They do a bunch of different things but they call themselves an "Interactive Agency"

deansoto, May 17, 2015 IP
  6. PrettyJenny

PrettyJenny Active Member

Best Answers:
    I actually think "Graphic design & Web development" sounds great and already covers all aspects. If you think that it's still long, you can also try just "Design & Development".

PrettyJenny, May 18, 2015 IP
  7. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "Web design & Development"

Domain Lead Finder, May 18, 2015 IP
  8. Guide

Guide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    'Digital Productions' is as broad as you can define it

Guide, May 18, 2015 IP