1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

media.net is hell (screenshot)

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by Kartic, Mar 20, 2015.

Hi guys,

recently (5 march) i decide to use media.net ads on my site and the very first day it was amazing results with nice RPM but after that it's irritating for some days.. please have a look in the image below.
    [​IMG]
    On March-13-2015 i contacted my manager and talked about the everything going on with my revenue, i explained him everything and even i didn't get paid some days with lot of impressions. he said...
    =======================
    We completely understand your concerns. However, our system needs about 2-4 weeks to fully understand your site’s content, patterns and user behavior. We believe that every site performs differently, which is why we test various creative and optimization strategies for this time period to find the best fit for your site. There is a learning curve attached to it, since a lot of these decisions are made based on the data we collect. I suggest you let us continue the test for the next couple of weeks, and I’m confident you’ll see an upward trend in the revenues.
    =======================
    but after some days it still not good as it should be, i doubt they are scam or just not paying me what i deserve for. now should i continue with their ads or remove ads and stay with adsense ?

Kartic, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  2. hkmeetup

hkmeetup Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is still the best option. i use a combination of both adsense and media.net. Their RPM is a lot lesser compared to adsense.

My media.net RPM has improved overtime.

November 2014 - $0.46
    December 2014 - $2.53
    Janurary 2015 - $3.76
    February 2015 - $3.57
    March 2015 - $3.65

hkmeetup, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  3. ToniKasa

ToniKasa Active Member

Best Answers:

ToniKasa, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  4. Kartic

Kartic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi @hkmeetup
    your RPM look fine and getting better by months. can you tell me what impressions daily you are delivering to media.net ?
    for 19th of march my impressions are 7,579 and RPM $0.00 and revenue $0.00. it's hell again. i've emailed my account manager today and looking for better rates from him or i'll remove ads today and stay with adsense because it's lot better.

do you thinks placing three adsense ads are better than two ads on a page? and it helps to increase RPM or it decrease ?

Kartic, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  5. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @Kartic in general, 2 ads are better then 3 but this comes down to your ad placement.

try putting a small one above the fold and 1-2 standard ones elsewhere. You might need to adjust your layout multiple times in order to maximise your ctr

matt_62, Mar 21, 2015 IP
  6. Kartic

Kartic Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi @matt_62
    i have one 728x90 on header and one 300x250 on sidebar. both are above the fold. i also have one media.net ad (rectangle) at sidebar and one 728x90 at bottom of page. both media.net ads are after the fold! but the bottom one gets much clicks than other ads i believe. now i'm thinking to remove my yahoo ads and place one more 728x90 of adsense at bottom? so i will have three adsense ads on one page. would it make sense with these type of ads with this placement and remove media.met ads?
    thanks

Kartic, Mar 21, 2015 IP
  7. hkmeetup

hkmeetup Member

Best Answers:
    I have placed the ads only on one page. So I get about 300-400 impressions a day. I have noticed the position of the ad matters. I did apply media.net ads to the entire site and placed one ad unit at the bottom of the. The results were not that encouraging.

Impressions:RPM
    Day 1 - 10,525:$0.06
    Day 2 - 19,082:$0.03
    Day 3 - 14,019:$0.10

And on the number of ad units and placement, I agree with matt_62.

hkmeetup, Mar 21, 2015 IP
  8. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Kartic @hkmeetup - what is your current RPM rate now? Are you still using media.net?
    Please keep this thread updated.

blogdum, May 8, 2015 IP
  9. Guide

Guide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am surprised... normally media.net is converting pretty well.

Can you tell me your niche / keywords ?

Guide, May 18, 2015 IP