1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is backlink still important for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lampardfranky, May 13, 2015.

Even though Matt Cutts said backlink would become a little less important in SEO, but I myself don't believe that

The question is how Google ranks websites? it relies on content? I'm sure any Seach Engines likes a lovely content. But how can search engines distinguish a good content from another? I don't think search engines are so emotional enough to realize better, exellent or worse content

Search Engines are just a machine, they're not a human, so I think it doesn't have a feeling about content.

In fact, Google owns some instruments, that helps google understand how visitors think about sites. Google Analytics can determine users' behavior on sites. But I think google may not know satisfaction exactly. This is the difference between human reading and Google search engine reading.

What happens if so many sites contain equivalent quality content, equivalent bounce rate, time on site, pageviews...? So what is crucial factor to keyword ranking? that's backlink

Another question! why did Matt Cutts try to lower the role of backlink in SEO? Because he wanted to prevent spammers who are getting spammy and spammy everywhere to get backlinks

I don't think the role of baclink would be lowered, it's always valuable for SEO , no matter how google's algorism changes.

if you need quality backlinks or talk about backlink, pls add me at my Skype: qualitybacklink

I hope you can share your viewpoints to me.

lampardfranky, May 13, 2015 IP
  2. braulio

braulio Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please provide a reference link where Matt importance is decreased. I would like to read that article.

Braulio

braulio, May 13, 2015 IP
  3. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Here you go:

kb24, May 13, 2015 IP
    braulio likes this.
  4. WhosJose

WhosJose Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I remember reading a couple of articles about this. Hopefully they are as helpful as they were to me.

http://stream-seo.com/6-months-backlink-experiment/
    http://searchenginewatch.com/sew/how-to/2380541/the-big-burden-of-backlinks-for-small-businesses

WhosJose, May 13, 2015 IP
  5. mehedi55511

mehedi55511 Member

Best Answers:
    I think its a very important for seo part.

mehedi55511, May 14, 2015 IP
  6. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, they are but so are many other things.... CTR and social signals are now a factor among other things.

[​IMG]

Franklin Hatchett, May 14, 2015 IP
  7. Md Salauddin Ahammed

Md Salauddin Ahammed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Back-link is important for SEO. Because without backlink you don't get any traffic

Md Salauddin Ahammed, May 14, 2015 IP
  8. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's 2015 and I hate to say this but the death of SEO was announced in 2012 (http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenkrog...f-seo-the-rise-of-social-pr-and-real-content/) and confirmed in 2014 (http://www.clickz.com/clickz/column/2354997/is-seo-dead)

Certainly, after the last Google update, backlinks have not the value they used to have, and the best example is running a Google search for whatever keyword you want. Today results come plagued of irrelevant websites, none of which seem to have a backlinking strategy but other kind of tricks to get listed on top of the index page for the given keyword.

Mystique, May 14, 2015 IP
  9. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I rank sites all the time..... SEO is not dead. Sure some of google search results are irrelevant and bullshit but not all of them. I reccently just ranked a site in the number 2 position for a medium keyword with just high PA web 2.0s.. was easy.

Here is another site I'm working on. 3 weeks old and ill be on the front page for an 8k searches a month keyword soon.... I'll make good bank off this one.

I don't disagree with you, Just don't think it's dead quiet yet. Don't mind the blue squares, I took this from another thread I have going on another forum.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    Franklin Hatchett, May 14, 2015 IP
  10. Mystique

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I can see it, what makes think there is still good SEO practices recognized by search engine, like yours, and some flaws which are probably responsible for all of the irrelevant results going through.

Perhaps what's needed is another major Google Update, like Panda was, to get the junk removed and leave legitimate optimization up because, at the very end, a job well done is not only beneficial for the site's owner, but the surfer going straight to the point rather than being mislead.

11. lampardfranky

lampardfranky Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, u might be right

lampardfranky, May 14, 2015 IP
  12. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course important.

Atikur, May 14, 2015 IP
  13. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny, so they said about TV and radio when the Internet arose, and they are still there; further, TV is even more used than the Internet.

Never believe the X is dead thing, please. They are just trying to fool to get some clicks onto their sites.

Tedel, May 14, 2015 IP
  14. Mystique

Best Answers:
    And not just TV, Radiio is even older and still up and present everywhere, including the Internet.

Kind of what is happening with older computers. They said desktop and tower CPU computers were dead and I can see them in use whenever I go to the bank or at a many other important companies. Perhaps the only change is the flat monitor but there these are.

SEO might also be subject of those wrong impressions caused with the pass of the time.

15. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    Well building backlinks is a time consuming effort, but this is most important to SEO and must be of high priority in your SEO efforts.
    I hope my answer will help you!!

Lipipaliwal, May 15, 2015 IP
  16. lampardfranky

lampardfranky Member

Best Answers:
    yeah
    it needs a very long time and we'll never give up

lampardfranky, May 15, 2015 IP
  17. temp2

temp2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    backlinks is one of most SEO factors, beside it helps boost SERP, it also provide direct clicks (referral) to your site

temp2, May 15, 2015 IP
  18. monika gupta

monika gupta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    link building is a importand segment of seo. It take more time and slowely slowely its increase but it is important to any website so in seo we can not leave this part.

monika gupta, May 16, 2015 IP
  19. lampardfranky

lampardfranky Member

Best Answers:
    yeah
    one of the factor for ranking keywords

lampardfranky, May 17, 2015 IP
  20. Katherine Noto

Katherine Noto Member

Best Answers:
    i think back links are still important for seo point of view they help in keyword ranking and serp

Katherine Noto, May 18, 2015 IP