1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finding website source files

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Nielmtech, Apr 28, 2015.

Hi there,

(I'm not 100% sure this is the correct place to post this, but the help will be appreciated none the less)

I was recently asked to create a user content section(via Joomla) for the company I am working for.

Everything is now working correctly. There is however one change they would like me to make.
    On the "add new document" page there is a permission and publishing section which is unnecessary and should be removed. Apparently this can only be removed that deleting and configuring that specific html and php file. I do have access to the ftp server where I need to edit these files. I have looked everywhere but cant seem to find the files.

Is there someway(via inspect element or something) that I can find the source or directory of these files?

Or any other advise will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

Nielmtech, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  2. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With my IDE, PHPStorm, I can search an entire project, all the files, for a specific string like "add new document" for example and it will show me every file where this is mentioned which may help, however this may be a translated string in which case it may not help. It may be easier to search for some specific html code like the class of the text or link.

Anveto, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  3. mfscripts

mfscripts Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Windows Grep is also a useful tool for searching text in multiple files. As Markus says though, it could be a translation, either in the db or another text file.

mfscripts, May 11, 2015 IP