1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

large amount of emails solution

Discussion in 'PHP' started by master-mind, May 11, 2015.

Hi everyone.

I wanted to learn more about setting up something like PHPList and customize it to send large amount of emails per day. I have to set this up for a client who wants to do bulk mailing.

We are looking to send about 10 million emails per day. Yes that is a BIG number, but that is what we need.

I understand that it is not a job of a single dedicated server and there will be many many servers required. My client is able to invest in purchasing that many servers too.

I am looking for a solution to set this up so they can send 10 million emails a day.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

master-mind, May 11, 2015 IP
  2. mfscripts

mfscripts Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Look at mailchimp/mandrill. It'll cost but worth it with the reporting you get.

mfscripts, May 11, 2015 IP
  3. master-mind

master-mind Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks I am aware of that, but the cost would go way too high on them. The idea of integrating more servers because we can get some servers for free being partner of big players in the market.

master-mind, May 11, 2015 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cost is too high using mail chimp? Ok then.... Spend a month or so extensively researching how email systems and spam filters work then Buy a hundred ips, multiple servers, and invest money in software development to throttle and queue sending emails... Test it out for a month or so then go back to the drawing board and correct all the bugs and kinks until you finally have a solution that's stable enough to effectively be used.......

Or use mail chimp or a similar service and not worry about the additional cost, time and resources involved..

NetStar, May 11, 2015 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Mandrill is so dirt cheap I'm surprised your client is quibbling. On the other hand if it means I'm less likely to get his spam then that's a good thing.

sarahk, May 11, 2015 IP
    ThePHPMaster likes this.
  6. nshntsngh

nshntsngh Member

Best Answers:
    Use AWS and Sendy

nshntsngh, May 20, 2015 IP