1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Social Media worthless?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Jake The Competition Man, Mar 17, 2015.

That's up to you to find out if Social Media is worthless or not, but consider this:

SEM, content strategy, social media marketing, SEO, community management, web design. These are all "special words" consultants use to explain their services.

Then one day you're approached by a digital agency that wants to set up a Twitter account and promises to deliver lots of followers.

Now, the question is: it sounds too good to be true then it probably is? or not?

Of course I believe that Social Media works! But what are your experiences?

rainbowgod and Priki like this.
  2. Bob Raven

Bob Raven Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it works Social Media , helps a lot ...

Bob Raven, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  3. arena leo

arena leo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yup social media play a great role in online marketing...its help you to generate good traffic to your business.

arena leo, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  4. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    as far as i know marketing in forums is part of social media as well. :D

TB Ann, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  5. ribads.com

ribads.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are you sure you have your audience(interested in your product) in Twitter or you just get followers that do not buy your product. And you will spend money for nothing. And your audience is, for example, in the Fb. And you can collect audience on your page easier and cheaper in FB. And people from FB will buy your product. IMHO, Fb and LinkedIn gives much more profit than Twitter and G+. So, for some business, some sosial media could be worthless :). Digital agencies allways promice followers. Better ask them, how many from that followers become clients? And than you will chose what Sosial Media worthless for you, and what will give you real profit.

ribads.com, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  6. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why did you think that social media is worthless? Did you find any reason for this?

Atikur, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  7. abhinay.jain90

abhinay.jain90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's no reason to think social media is worthless. The people are there and are being bombarded with content. And money is being made.
    But yes, most social networks have tightened quality checks and people are getting more computer-literate, so it's much harder to peddle shit.
    If you can offer something exclusive and in demand, build an audience and find a way to monetize, you can bank hard.

abhinay.jain90, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  8. Latoon Technologies

Latoon Technologies Member

Best Answers:
    Social media can be a great source for online marketing if used properly. a great and cheaper source for promotion as compare to SEM.

Latoon Technologies, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  9. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, nice answers. As you, I am 100% sure of Social Media value and this can be a great thread to talk about Social Media and related topics. Social Media is just at its beginning, in the next years it will be overwhelming and learning how Social Media can help in your online business can really make things different in your job.

10. EverestOnlineMarketing

EverestOnlineMarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    No. If utilized properly, social media can deliver awesome results. It is probably only worthless to those who don't know how to take advantage of its potential.

EverestOnlineMarketing, Mar 22, 2015 IP
  11. Katherine Noto

Katherine Noto Member

Best Answers:
    i think social media is value if we do the things in correct it helps to get more popularity and reputation, traffic to our web site or blog, visitors are more in social media like most of them uses for getting information,

Katherine Noto, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  12. Bob Raven

Bob Raven Member

Best Answers:
    EverestOnline I agree with you...

Bob Raven, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  13. JoeInTheMiddle

JoeInTheMiddle Peon

Best Answers:
    If done correctly it can be a gold mine. But you have to bear in mind that some people consider social to only be Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. But social media is so much more than just that. As Ann said, forum work also falls under social. If you've had a bad experience with social marketing then you haven't planned it correctly.

JoeInTheMiddle, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  14. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    No, most people in the internet reside in social medias because this is where they can communicate easily sharing ideas through simple clicks and catchy tools. So, social medias are very important when it comes to traffic.

masterbusiness, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  15. spacehades

spacehades Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social media may not bring "returning visitors" to your site, because usually people would just check their newsfeed and click on something they found interesting. But still, I find social media very very helpful to bring traffic to my site.

spacehades, May 8, 2015 IP
    monim1 likes this.
  16. debbiec12323

debbiec12323 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social media it is not worthless. Social Media can give you exposure in many ways that you wouldn't be able to have without it and it is free (Having the profile)!

debbiec12323, May 11, 2015 IP
  17. DungeonMaster

DungeonMaster Member

Best Answers:
    Social media also allows you to build connections with other people, which will encourage them to find your site. If you're specifically a network marketer, then social media is one of the most important tools you can utilize!

DungeonMaster, May 11, 2015 IP
  18. raybrandy

raybrandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. The importance of social media is hard to imagine, so it is with online purchasing. I think both of them are great invents in modern society. I don't know how do you use social media and online purchasing. For me, I like to make friends and communicate with them through social media. And for online purchasing, I often buy daily stuff and tickets for concert or sports events. And i think damai website is a perfect one.

raybrandy, May 12, 2015 IP
  19. xendurinan

xendurinan Banned

Best Answers:
    Why are you thinking that social media is worthless. In my opinion in online business social media plays an important role. You can use social media is different ways. You can generate huge amount of traffic from social media. So I think social media is still worthy.

xendurinan, May 15, 2015 IP
  20. JoeInTheMiddle

JoeInTheMiddle Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the problem is that when you hear social media marketing people think straight about Facebook, Twitter & Insagram. But it's more broad than that. You've got forums, pinterest & even Youtube (to name a few). I worked with a local roofing company when they first got started and tried facebook and twitter (at his request) but after two months we saw no justifiable return. I then suggested using Youtube, we created a few how to videos (production quality was minimal at best ha). Off the back of that he got 4 customers ring him within 2 weeks of starting the account (all of them watched the videos).

So again, I think it all depends on your strategy. Companies should always have a more specific goal for social media than just to make sales or gain a large social following. It should be to build a social following that will enjoy and engage with the content you share. or to increase the market's awareness of you. Too many entrepreneurs I've worked with don't have an answer when I ask them "Why do you want to be on Facebook/Twitter?".

Make sure you have a plan & social media can be invaluable as a marketing tool.

JoeInTheMiddle, Jul 9, 2015 IP