1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it really just a case of putting the ad there?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by pianogirl, May 3, 2015.

Or do I need to do something else? I have one advert on my site (it appears on every page), and I'm wondering whether I just have to leave it there to make me some dollar.

pianogirl, May 3, 2015 IP
  2. robby1995

robby1995 Member

Best Answers:
    You can have upto 3 ads per page. this could multiple your revenue but potentially affect user experience. And yes thats all you have to do once you have adsense, just put the ad coding in the right spot and check it's showing ads and your all set. :)

robby1995, May 3, 2015 IP
  3. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Experiment with different ad positions and track which gets better ctr.

blogdum, May 6, 2015 IP
  4. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with other replies. We started our site with a certain placement of ads. It was not optimal and we did not know it. After quite a long time, we tried to do A/B testing of various ad positions and ad sizes. The result was incredible and our income from the ads increased dramatically.

So, to answer your question, yes, you can just put it there and do nothing and if you have some traffic, you will earn some money from it. But if you experiment a little bit (with position, number of ads, ad formats, ad colors), you might be surprised to earn several times more.

However, if you have only very little traffic, experiments are hard, sync the results would not be statistically significant to prove anything ... so if we are talking only about tens visitors per day, it might not be worth focusing on ad optimization right now and rather focus on getting more traffic.

O-D-T, May 7, 2015 IP
  5. spacehades

spacehades Active Member

Best Answers:
    +1 on what he said. You can put of to 3 ads per page, but don't put it on auto-generated page.

spacehades, May 9, 2015 IP
  6. marklcfc

marklcfc Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using adsense for 8 years now but I also have never understood whether I should just leave the ad there or try and figure out other stuff such as custom channels. I set up custom channels (with targetable ads) a few years ago but haven't seen any change, if anything I've made less over the last few years.

Do they offer any real benefit?

marklcfc, Jun 2, 2015 IP