1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are Golden Keywords or Long-Tail-Keywords, and why use them?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by IQdesigns, Apr 24, 2015.

Hi guys,

I own an SEO services company and I get asked frequently what are "long tail keywords", and why are they better.

Let me explain really quick for those of you who don't know-

Long-tail keywords are longer and more specific KW phrases that visitors are more likely to use when they’re closer to a point-of-purchase. They’re a little bit counter-intuitive, at first, but they can be hugely valuable if you know how to use them.

Lets say i'm building a website that sells life insurance in new york.

A long tail keyword would be a phrase like " buy a life insurance in new york "
    And its better to use this one to rank rather than just "insurance"

why?

Because the keyword "insurance" is way more competetive for the simple fact, they are TONES of "insurances" with that being said, " buy a life insurance in new york " - there are way less life insurances in new york than insurances in general, its also more effective.

Why is it more effective to use a long tail keyword?
    because I might type "insurance" because of tones of reasons - maybe I wanna know how to pronounce it, maybe I wanna know what an insurance is, maybe I wanna buy an insurance in Japan, who the heck knows.

But when I type in " buy a life insurance in new york " ... what am I looking for ? probably not elephants.. you get the point.

So why long tail keywords ?
    1. Less competitive.
    2. way more valuable - will help attract people that want to BUY/USE your service.
    3. Easy to rank

Of course if you rank first at "insurance" in google and first in "buy .... in new york " you won't get the same amount of traffic,
    but using this strategy, you should rank at more keywords at lower search volumes -

" buy a life insurance in new york "
    " what is the best life insurance in new york"
    " life insurance in new york reviews"
    etc

all these, will be easy to rank, and COMBINED, will drive powerful traffic, that is LASER - FOCUSED on your niche

hope that helped guys,
    If you need any web design services or Seo Services, feel free to contact me

cheers,

IQdesigns, Apr 24, 2015 IP
  2. mairajassy

mairajassy Member

Best Answers:
    Well I would say that the golden keywords is the keywords which can give you plenty of leads ... and that keywords would be the long tail keywords for sure...

mairajassy, May 6, 2015 IP
  3. Andybil

Andybil Peon

Best Answers:
    what ever may be if it golden/longtail keyword your SEO should be better based on competition if your competition is high you need to be precise in your keywords and start optimize through off page. And make sure your keyword are not stuffed in your site.

Andybil, May 12, 2015 IP
  4. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    The things you explained are pretty much basic. To say more, you have TONS of mistakes in your text that make your statement much less credible.

H0stZealot, May 12, 2015 IP