1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Screenshot for legal purpose, how to close account?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by postcd, May 5, 2015.

Hello, i would like to make a screenshot out of webpage that is very long, i mean so it do not fit one computer screen.

How can i do it the way it is entire good as legal evidence, it can be used that way?

i dont want to search, install any video software if possible

also want to ask if an service provider change TOS and starting to invoice me various penalties / fines for what i did wrong. ie: i sent message via PM system that someone felt like a SPAM. So they invoice me big amount, they add this charge rule after i sent that personal message.

Am i required to pay? how i can make evidence it was not there when i made violation?

How to properly request account to be closed so im legally out of their TOS so they cant abuse me more? How that email request should look like please?

postcd, May 5, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There are several plugins for Firefox that can capture a whole page from top to bottom, I'm sure there is also plugins for Chrome. Just search for webpage screenshot + browser you want to use on Google.
    As for the regulations in the TOS being retroactive, that entirely depends on the wording in the TOS - if they've covered that changes might be made, and that changes might be retroactive, they might be on safe ground - depends a bit on what your actual laws says about such things (sometimes consumers are covered by law, and regardless of whatever you've agreed on, those laws take precedence, and TOS and similar documents can't take away consumer rights that are based on law) - but again, this will vary from country to country.
    As for the email for account closure, I'm assuming that you've tried deleting your account already - if not, I would check to see if they have a "termination of relations" somewhere, either at least in their TOS, and/or as part of the settings or profile-page. If you need to contact the page directly, I would assume you have no contractual obligations withstanding (terms of payment, subscription etc.) - as long as that is all clear, just tell them you (with the proper account-information to verify it's actually you) want to end the account, and that all information should be purged from their systems. Normally they will keep some sort of contact information on file, for potential billing purposes etc - you might demand that they remove this as well, but of course any other disputes will have to be solved first.

PoPSiCLe, May 5, 2015 IP
  3. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Firefox has the ability to take full page pictures built into Developer Tools. In Firefox:

Tools -> Web Developer -> Inspector

Select the gear icon at the right of the Web Developer window. In the Web Developer area on the left side you will see a check box that says "Available Toolbox Buttons". Check the box at the bottom that says "Take a fullpage screenshot" and that will enable a camera icon to appear in the icons section of the Web Developer tools area. So when you want to take a full page screenshot, hit F12 to Activate Web Developer Tools then click the camera icon. A full page screenshot will automatically be saved in your Downloads folder.

Your claim of being charged for spam allegations sounds an awful lot like what GoDaddy does.

billzo, May 5, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Might also help for new users of Firefox - to see what @billzo is describing above, you'll have to have the Menu Bar activated (it's hidden by default) - right-click on the top bars of Firefox, and mark the "Menu Bar" option. Or just press Ctrl+Shift+C for the built-in developer toolbar.

PoPSiCLe, May 5, 2015 IP