1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling DroneWatchdogs.com drone news and reviews site

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Mkcoy, May 1, 2015.

www.dronewatchdogs.com is a UAV drone news and reviews site. We have drone news and drone law articles for drone hobbyists and enthusiasts to learn the drone laws in their area/country or just find some cool drone news.

This site ranks for certain things and traffic and earnings are increasing by the day. It would be good for new owner to put some more drone reviews on the site and you could earn from that.

The site has a UAV drone directory which is getting some more and more interest and submissions.
    The site has its own Drone Shop which we've started listing some big drones for sale on.
    We've recently added a Drone Talk forums.

Problem: With drone technology rapidly accelerating and coming down in price. People aren't too sure what the laws and regulations for flying drones in their neighborhood are.

Solution: Dronewatchdogs.com will provide facts and news on drone flying laws and regulations for your area. As well as tips, tricks, news & reviews for all types of drones for sale.

Why are you selling this site?
    I don't have the time to maintain it. Also trying to raise some funds.

How is it monetized?
    Site is currently monetized with Adsense only.

Does this site come with any social media accounts?
    Yes, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Disqus
    twitter.com/DroneWatchdogs
    facebook.com/DroneWatchdogs
    pinterest.com/DroneWatchdogs

I will hand all the logins for these sites other to you.

How much time does this site take to run?
    Up to you. Can you take 20 minutes to a day to write and add a new article on drones? We have been using Google Alerts for things like "drones" etc and this has given us many things to rewrite and blog about.

What challenges are there with running this site?
    Coming up with new drone related news and reviews.
    Promoting the site on Social Networks etc.

Mkcoy, May 1, 2015 IP
  2. Bashir Naimy

Bashir Naimy Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Just made a bid, just curious about the articles and shop. Is the shop affiliate based and are the articles just copy past ? Will you be able to provide your source for these articles so I can continue with it.

And how many likes etc and how large is your mailing list. You can pm me the info if you like.

Thanks and let's see if I can snatch this site :)

Bashir Naimy, May 4, 2015 IP
  3. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    50.0% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nice bid. The shop is just a WooCommerce shopping cart. You add your own products, set your own price and take the money directly. You must then buy the product and send to the buyer of course!
    You can also sign up with onedrone.com affiliates and they will drop shop it straight to the buyer for you so no messing around. :)

All the content on the site is 100% unique. I wrote it all myself. I use Google Alerts to keep in touch with the latest drone news and stuff. Also I just search online for cool articles and use them for inspiration and ideas and completely rewrite them in my own words. So all you will have to do is set up some Google alerts for things like "drones", "uav", "quadcopter" etc etc and rewrite articles in your own words but with a twist.

Mailing list I haven't checked but I don't think many yet. I haven't promoted the mailing list really just put a subscribe form in footer. I will provide you the mailchimp.com login for it so you can check, send news letters etc.

Initially we was just going to have drone news and drone laws etc but we've started actually adding drone reviews and top 10 drone lists etc. Makes sense because it is after all a drone "watchdog" site and following in this pattern by adding more top 10 drone lists, best drones to buy, for sale etc etc will help to build up awareness in people's minds that its a good site to go to to find out what the best drone to buy is etc etc.

The article I added recently what is the best drone for beginners under £100 is getting quite a bit of attention and we're going to add several more like it.

It's just a matter of doing a little bit of keyword research using Google's Keyword Planner tool or equivalent and then putting up some content with those main keywords peppered within them.

Traffic and earnings are increasing every day. Drop me a PM if you'd like Analytics access.

Btw, we're open to offers for a quick sale if you want to snap this up before anyone else does!

Have had quite a lot of interest in it.

Cheers!

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    Mkcoy, May 5, 2015 IP
  4. Bashir Naimy

Bashir Naimy Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Ill make a effort to stay at the top on the bids, but until now ill see how the response is from the crowd:)
    I might increase bid

You are selling this to cheap in my honest opinion, but that is just me :)

Bashir Naimy, May 5, 2015 IP
    Mkcoy likes this.
  5. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    50.0% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    20 minutes until the auction ends! Site is picking up very well now and traffic and earnings are improving every day!

Today we added another top 10 post http://dronewatchdogs.com/top-10-best-rtf-nano-drones-to-buy-under-100/

Plenty of ways to monetize this site other than with Adsense. Don't let this great opportunity get away and put your best bid in now to take it!

Bid now! PM for reserve. :)

Mkcoy, May 11, 2015 IP