1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help/advice needed: Getting started with an e-commerce site (Dubai)

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Jeremy Francis, Apr 23, 2015.

I'm currently residing in Dubai. I'd like to know how feasible it would be if I set up an online store via Shopify / Tictail... There are a lot of products in the local market here that I'd like to display for sale.

I'm totally new to e-commerce, but I've always wanted to start an e-commerce store selling good quality items.

Jeremy Francis, Apr 23, 2015 IP
  2. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before starting this business, you should have answer of the following

1) From where you will get the products?
    2) What products you want to sell?
    3) Can you maintain some stock?
    4) Have quality domain name and Website?
    5) What is your marketing strategy?
    6) Do you have some sufficient budget for marketing and sales after design and development of website?
    7) Do you have some good number of contacts to promote website in your community?

If you have some comfortable answer for the above then you should go for it.

Best of luck

Shahzad Jameel, Apr 24, 2015 IP
  3. Wallcy

Wallcy Peon

Best Answers:
    Your first question would not be a website but HOW you're going to sell your product.

Wallcy, Apr 25, 2015 IP
  4. Jeremy Francis

Jeremy Francis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:

Thank you @Shahzad Jameel for your post... At this point, I haven't yet thought of these points, but it's in the pipeline. To answer #1, I'd get the products from U.S. The main products I'd sell would be something like mobile cases, accessories, gadgets etc. For #3, there will be stock locally, so that I can deliver in a short period of time...

For #4, there's no domain yet, it's still in the planning stage. My initial approach would be to use FB as a marketing tool, then once the revenue comes in slowly, I can go in for paid advertising... I'm looking to buy and invest in products, and use free social media to reach out to customers... Because, if a product is well priced and good to buy, a buyer can even buy from a FB page and PM the buyer...

Jeremy Francis, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  5. Jeremy Francis

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That's true @Wallcy I need to formulate a sales strategy once I've decided my target customers... The website will come later on... :)

Jeremy Francis, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  6. goldenprince000

goldenprince000 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When choosing a shopping cart for your business there are a few things you should consider:
    1. How big is your product lineup?
    2. What are your must have features? (Gift certificates, cart abandonment recovery etc.)
    3. How technical is your team? (Non-technical backgrounds should use a hosted solution)
    4. What is the time frame you want/need to be up and running?
    5. What integrations do you require, now and in the future? (Email marketing, fulfillment warehouses, dropshipping integration etc.)

goldenprince000, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  7. Shahzad Jameel

Best Answers:
    @francis_dxb - FaceBook page is not a bad option but it cannot be an alternate of Website so I will suggest you to have a good website. Initially you can minimize the expense of design and development by choosing some eCommerce solution and some theme of that eCommerce solution.

FaceBook page - keep promoting it side by side as it is very hot now a days for any type of product.

Shahzad Jameel, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  8. arun8383

arun8383 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear Francis,
    I will help you develop your website and arrange your all product in well format and gave you some tips to increase your traffic through Online.
    I have personally 7+ years experience in E commerce field. Our team already developed more than 100+ E commerce online store.
    If you are need more assist please reply back me here .
    You are also contact me at Skype: arunkumarbiswal
    my ofc email Id:

arun8383, May 2, 2015 IP
  9. louischok

louischok Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi mate
    good to heard that you are selling some mobile gadgets.........
    If you need headphone,earphone or speaker please let me know. I doing wholesale on these
    Products. I do have a website and local store, but not in Dubai. I don't mind to share my own experience with you. Kindly pm me or add me on skype:louis_chok

Thanks.

louischok, May 3, 2015 IP
  10. meethi jain

meethi jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    use shopify and you can sell prodcts

meethi jain, May 5, 2015 IP
  11. Jeremy Francis

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes, I'm thinking of Shopify... It's fairly simple to use... :)

Jeremy Francis, May 5, 2015 IP
  12. Shahzad Jameel

Best Answers:
    Fairly simple to use but customization will be an issue when you will expand. If you feel you don't need any customization in beginning then you should go for it.

Shahzad Jameel, May 5, 2015 IP
  13. Katherine Noto

Katherine Noto Member

Best Answers:
    best go with known sites entering into online marketing is that easy bro u need to have online selling knowledge good product reputation , please make web site very attractive with first shot customer should see at least 2 min of your site or more than that contact page must be attractive, all the best bro..... nice day,

Katherine Noto, May 11, 2015 IP
  14. GlitzyYapper

GlitzyYapper Member

Best Answers:
    You can try Shopify, Shopify is a very popular shopping cart and I have written a review of Shopify, so you can visit my article here: http://www.amalink.net/shopify-review/
    :)

GlitzyYapper, May 11, 2015 IP