1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my new cooking site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by jameskon, May 1, 2015.

http://delicious.desi

12 days old website, and already getting 1000 page views via Social Networking sites.

jameskon, May 1, 2015 IP
  2. Kingfish85

Kingfish85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The site actually looks pretty good. One thing I'd suggest, is making the logo a bit bigger.

Kingfish85, May 1, 2015 IP
  3. jameskon

jameskon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Kingfish, we will look to get the logo update in next website update :)

jameskon, May 2, 2015 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What's up with all the sentences? Sometimes you have a blank space after the period (at the end of a sentence), sometimes you don't. Same is true for the commas.

As an example:

qwikad.com, May 3, 2015 IP
  5. jameskon

Best Answers:
    Noted, have asked writer to fix this up.

jameskon, May 9, 2015 IP
  6. AJ Mysterio

AJ Mysterio Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should leave the spaces after punctuation marks, as qwikad said. The description of the dish, its ingredients, and method should be written in different paragraphs. And the logo is quite small.

AJ Mysterio, May 9, 2015 IP
  7. spacehades

spacehades Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you can get a better pictures for the food and drinks, it would be much better.

spacehades, May 9, 2015 IP
  8. jameskon

Best Answers:
    jameskon, Jun 17, 2015 IP
  9. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No wonder you are getting some good traffic since your receipes site looks really cool and well explained, however pictures are pretty blur and I recommend to work this out. globally it's a nice site

IG2010, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  10. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I would probably bounce from that site before I even got to the recipe's for THREE reasons:

1) accessibility issues -- illegible colour contrasts and fixed metric fonts. The salmon and green colours are too bright to have white text on them, the grey on white may as well be invisible, and the fonts are all declared in pixels so large font users like myself are sent diving for the zoom. Generally speaking the layout reeks of "WCAG, what's that?"

2) home page takes too blasted long to load (1.7 megabytes in 43 separate files taking >28 seconds here)

3) The lack of content first time visitors are given -- two thirds the screen at 2560x1440 being sucked down by a five word heading and two links -- makes it look like you're trying to hide a lack of anything useful. All the useful stuff is pushed below the fold at 1920x1080 -- That's NOT good design. (no matter how many graphic artists with the giant set of brass to call themselves "designers" will claim otherwise).

The accessibility disaster continues under the hood. The broken gibberish use of numbered headings breaking keyboard and non-mouse navigation... and that's BEFORE I even look at the code, which is the typical train wreck of turdpress and bootcrap ineptitude that explains pretty much why IF you EVER have success with it and REAL traffic it's going to be a money-pit on hosting costs, but thanks to the accessibility and design woes you'll likely never see that.

The 800+K of Scripttardery spread over 25 files mated to the outright inept rubbish of 233k of CSS in 8 files being the tip of the iceberg.

But it's VERY much what I expect when off the shelf solutions are slapped together any-old-way. I'm assuming this is some rubbish off the shelf template? I could go on for HOURS about everything wrong with the painfully bloated and absurdly bad codebase -- and if the front-end is this big a mess, I don't even want to THINK about the back end. Oh wait, turdpress, I KNOW what a wreck the back-end is.

deathshadow, Jul 5, 2015 IP