1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

9 Veteran SEO Tips

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by meyaseen2003, Dec 2, 2011.

9 Veteran SEO Tips
    Introduction Veteran SEO Tips-
    If you are still learning about search engine optimization (SEO), you are probably a bit confused about the difference between on-site and off-site SEO strategies. On-site tactics are more straight-forwards for the beginner and are probably written about the most. I thought I would write an article and take in what I’ve learned. This pool of SEO knowledge comes from working with about 10 clients and another 10 private web sites over an 18 month period.

To anyone with an SEO background, there are certain vital on-site SEO tasks that any web master, affair title-holder, or Internet Peddler needs to be aware of. These include the following major components:
    1 Veteran SEO Tips) Title Tags -

The title tag in your HTML meta code is the tag that tell the browser what to show in the title of the window at the very top of the screen. Since this text is so visible to the user, Google likes to rely heavily on this text as a clue as to what your page is about. As a result, it is a really vital SEO strategy that your title tag be filled with keywords that are appropriate to the content of the web page. Furthermore, you really don’t want the same title tag on every page. This is not excellent for SEO. Instead, you want to have different keyword phrases in your title tags that properly identify the theme of that particular page. Remember, you are trying to help the search engines easily digest your content. That’s basically what SEO is. You want to aid them in their understanding of what this page is really about.
    2 Veteran SEO Tips) The first H1 tag -

Similar to the title tag, Google will look at the first H1 text to appear on your page as a passionate signal as to what the page is about. Use it wisely. Again, you want to place keyword phrases here that are thematically related to what the information on the page is conveying to the end-user.
    3 Veteran SEO Tips) The name of the page itself -

As you name your pages in your web site, use plain English as much as possible for SEO. You will notice that WordPress uses this extensively in their blog software. This is no industrial accident and WordPress is considered the best blog for SEO. For example, http://example.com/?On-Site-vs-Off-Site-SEO-tactics&AID=22 will perform much better for SEO than http://example.com/?AID=22. Why? Since there is descriptive text in the longer version of the page name that helps the search engine know what the page is about. Many people have written about issues around “dirty associations” and SEO (associations counting system variable data such as AID=22 in the example above). I reflect it is better if you can design your system without any variable data at all. It just takes this SEO issue away. And it’s just simpler for the search engines. It’s also simpler for the end-user. But, there is no problem promoting pages via SEO with variable data in the associations. I’ve been able to make both glide using the same SEO tactics with no problems. The search engines are smart sufficient by now to manage through that variable data. Just make sure your plain English is in there.
    4 Veteran SEO Tips) Keyword meta tag -

This tag used to get a ton of play for SEO, but is now largely ignored by the search engines. I believe it fell out of favor due to manipulation and misuse. It is a tag that is not seen by the end-user, so unscrupulous web masters abused it and it became less-and-less vital for SEO. Real SEO tactics don’t abuse or deceive. I still populate my keyword tags since I believe they are still looked at, but I don’t believe they are very critical. If nothing else, it’s another occasion of your keywords. They all help SEO.
    5 Veteran SEO Tips) Description meta tag -

This tag is still useful, but probably more for Yahoo and MSN. Since you will be in this part of your web site anyway to get the Title right, you might as well make this variable-driven as well and make the description appropriate to the page. Again, it can’t hurt SEO.
    6 Veteran SEO Tips) Keyword Density -

This is very vital for SEO. Keep in mind that the search engines are just large notebook programs digesting your site and trying to figure out what it is about. One of the simplest things they do is to count up all the words and look for repeats. They then calculate percentages, or densities, of specific 1-word, 2-word and 3-word phrases that are found in your text. By looking at the most well loved keyword phrases, their programs be with you the vital themes of your page. If you observe your own writing on a specific subject, you will see the patterns as well. I don’t recommend that you write solely with keyword density in mind as it will result in lower quality content. But, I also don’t recommend that you completely ignore keyword density in your content creation. My preferred deal with is to write content straight-up for the first draft. Then, as you edit for grammar, consistency, and clarity, also edit for density. Run your content through a density checker and see what phrases are used the most. Make adjustments accordingly so that your top themes / keyword phrases are showing up between 2-4% of the time. But don’t do this to the extent that anything reads as unnatural. You need to always keep your audience in mind.
    7 Veteran SEO Tips) Outbound associations -

What your page associations to matters, in terms of both the quality and quantity of associations. As you build associations out of your page, be specific about where they go. Don’t link to low-quality or terrible-neighborhood sites. Also watch your number of associations. Generally, the less the better. But, having no outbound associations is not always excellent. I believe Google uses your outbound associations as a way to position your site in the vast weave that is the Internet. Often times, Google can get a excellent feeling about what your site is about just by looking at who you link to. So again, select these associations wisely understanding they will really impact your SEO.
    8 Veteran SEO Tips) High-quality, original, content -

I probably must have place this first since it can’t be stressed sufficient for SEO. Your site needs to provide high-quality and original content. You will read this maybe a hundred times as you research SEO. Content is king. And I firmly believe this to be right. If you are under the impression that the internet is so huge that search engines can’t identify content as really unique, guess again. One day washed-out before a live audience with CopyScape will win over you that there is technology available now that is able to tell you if any agreed sentence has been continual anywhere on the Internet. It’s staggering, really, when you really reflect about that. The volumes of data are just outrageous. But if CopyScape can do it, I’m betting that Google can do it also. And I firmly believe that your site receives a positive bump when Google determines that the content is original. Many people have questioned me if using content that is continual on other sites will castigate the site. I believe the answer is no, you will not be penalized by Google (copyright infringement is a completely different and very serious legal theme that I won’t go into now). But I also believe that you won’t get where you want to be by using content that already has high mileage. The other hot debate related to how sites using duplicate content can really rank higher than the site where the content originated from. Yes – This has been demonstrated empirically a bunch of times. But you don’t need to be too concerned with that for reasons we will get into later. Just keep your eye on the ball. Place in the time, energy and creativity it takes to make unique content and you will be satisfied. Plain and simple.

9 Veteran SEO Tips) Appropriate amounts of content -
    Somewhat different from #8 is the issue of how much content to place on your site for excellent SEO. I don’t believe there is a single magic answer as each site has a different objective. But as far as SEO goes, I generally believe the more the better (assuming you are following #8). Give persons hungry spiders as much food for thought as you possibly can. But let me also qualify that proclamation. You need ensure that your content doesn’t stray too far from the core message of your site. If it does, this can make confusion around what your site is really about. Tightly focused sites perform much better than more generically focused sites. For example, a site selling used Honda Civics that uses appropriate SEO strategies will probably get ranked higher and nearer than a more generalized site selling all types of used cars. This is a generic proclamation, and there are many exceptions, but it’s a reasonable place to initiation your thinking about niches and themes.

That is all excellent Veteran SEO Tips.
    visit for more SEO tips and Directories lists
    SEO INFORMATION

meyaseen2003, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  2. russ.murray

russ.murray Member

Best Answers:
    very much informative post thanks for sharing.

russ.murray, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  3. leonidasblaze

leonidasblaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your idea.Its the basic step of seo.And give me a meaning of Veteran in brief.

leonidasblaze, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  4. Laurencarreen

Laurencarreen Peon

Best Answers:
    I worked with a couple of SEO plug-ins for wordpress, where I saw meta Keywords. How helpful are that, I mean, you have tags, meta keywords = tags?

Laurencarreen, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  5. Webgold

Webgold Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep nice.

Your sig needs altering though:

"Submet your site"

Change to "Submit your site"

Thanks

Webgold, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  6. Reputations

Reputations Guest

Best Answers:
    Great article which covers the fundamentals!

Reputations, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  7. diggs11

diggs11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    this is extremely helpful for me and bundle of thanks

diggs11, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  8. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Awesome post. It's a useful and informative post that many people will integrated to you.

Xochitl Shatt, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  9. Auraiya ITS

Auraiya ITS Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it may help to follow latest SEO steps for a website.

Auraiya ITS, Apr 28, 2015 IP