1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What means--->Knowing html/css?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Xllasha, Apr 27, 2015.

Hello guys!

I'm going to start learning this two programming languages deeply (i already have some basic knowledge...). I know, it's not so easy to become professional but just wondering, when can i say to myself that "now I know html and css well"? Should i remember all tags and properties of those languages? Or should i know only the main principals how these two languages work and should i have google's hope for solving problems (for example on the work)? I am curious to know, in reality, who is the professional of html/css languages?

Thanks!

Xllasha, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    When you can use nothing but a flat text editor to do a layout top to bottom and it presents the way you expected in a browser you have learned the basics of HTML. When you can do the same thing in the text editor with a stylesheet you have the basics of CSS. You should hope you never stop learning new and better ways to use those tools. Once you master them you can start on learning to develop and present content because that is what websites are for. Before you are anything approaching "professional, you also need to master javascript, at least one server side scripting language (PHP, ASP, JSP, perl, etc), and basic SQL. It is also helpful if you learn to use a simple graphics program, and learn enough site management skills to at least understand what the techs are talking about when you need to open a problem ticket.

COBOLdinosaur, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  3. Xllasha

Xllasha Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi "COBOLdinosaur"! And thank you for your response! I really appreciate it!

Xllasha, Apr 27, 2015 IP