1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Market a New eCommerce Site?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Benjamin Barry, Apr 8, 2015.

I have a new site called Yelbo.com. It sells fairly cheap goods such as stuffed animals. I have seen that the CPC of certain methods such as Adwords seem prohibitive for my site since the goods are already cheap to sell.

What would be the best method of getting the first sales on my site? I am looking for something to drive steady growth to my mailing list for re-marketing purposes. Thanks.

Ben

Benjamin Barry, Apr 8, 2015 IP
  2. Mirza Asad Baig

Mirza Asad Baig Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I recommend you to use SEO to rank your products higher in search engine and it will provides you a lot of traffic. Always use keywords that have more conversion rate. When i work on a Ecommerce store i use Facebook ads campaign as well, It help me to sales a lot in a single day.
    So use : Facebook ads + SEO + Email Marketing = Conversions.

Mirza Asad Baig, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  3. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    DO SEO for your site. It can only improve your sells.

Lipipaliwal, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  4. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    do facebook advertising it they permit. ecommerce sites needs to be popular so adverting on adnetwork is necessary

TB Ann, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  5. Katherine Noto

Katherine Noto Member

Best Answers:
    eCommerce site you can promote througgh various types, first go for social media most important to eCommerce, reach max audience tell about u r offers and pricing , attract with images, show always mew sales and offerings, like jabong snap deal;, flip kart, make post related to it,,

Katherine Noto, Apr 24, 2015 IP
  6. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe this is how you should go

Web Design & Development - make sure your design is catchy and attractive as per your products. Also the functionality of website should be user friendly. There shouldn't be any trouble for users.

Platform - Website should work in all major browsers as well as it should open fine in Smart Phones and Tablets. So responsive solution is very important now a days with desktop solution as more and more people are using smart phones and tablets now a days.

Ongoing Management/Support - Payment options should be as many as possible. Offer multiple shipping option, if you can offer FREE shipping then it will be great. Offer coupons/discounts to your customers. Provide online chat/support, deal inquiries in a quick time when you will start getting them. Return policy should be properly defined. Provide the quality service so you can get more customers.

onSite SEO - Very important now a days in terms of Google. Make sure your website is SEO friendly. Use proper Keywords, URLs, H Tags, Alt Tags etc. Google for details if you don't have any idea about it. Last but not least, quality content should be there on website.

Links Building - Build quality links for your website, post articles on quality websites. Also you should have a Blog on your website and keep posting and promoting your Blogs on regular basis. There are so many ways to do it which you can Google.

Social Media - Social media really changed the game now a days. It is very important to have a presence on all major social media sites like FaceBook, Twitter, LinkeIN, Pinterest etc.

Offline Marketing - Mouth word is very important for any business i Believe. Business Cards, Brochure are some cheap but affective ways to promote your eCommerce solution. If you have some budget then advertise it on Radio, Newspaper, BillBoards and TV.

As per my experience, I believe all of the above mentioned are important for success of any eCommerce solution. You cannot ignore anything.

Thanks

Shahzad Jameel, Apr 24, 2015 IP
  7. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Onsite SEO is first step, make sure it's done right and good. Then do link building and you will soon see your customers come!

fionix, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  8. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dear Fionix, How will do onSite SEO if website will not be there? So I believe any shop owner should follow the steps in same order.

Shahzad Jameel, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  9. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I would not sit here on DP to increase my Post count rather than I would study SEO.. there is lot's you can do even if you don't have control of the domain!

fionix, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  10. deepali mehta

deepali mehta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go through the social media or promotion pattern of some popular sites like myntra, fabfurnish.com or alibaba.com....
    and follow the same.

deepali mehta, Apr 27, 2015 IP
    cerno likes this.
  11. arun8383

arun8383 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear Ben,
    promote your Business through the major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing etc.. We will analyze your Business properly with your Company Website and suggest you best strategy to promote your product globally through online.
    You can also take SEO service from good service providers. I will help you to reach in a good patch.
    If you are really need some help please reply back me here .
    You can also contact me Skype: arunkumarbiswal
    Ofc Email:

arun8383, May 2, 2015 IP
  12. Soharab Hossain

Soharab Hossain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can suggest you some concepts -
    • You can keep contact with your existing customers via Email.
    • Have to offer something different and new to make them loyal.
    • Provide beneficial message through your headline.
    • Add eye catching picture of your products.
    • Use Facebook advertisement to attract more potential customers.
    • Use your Pinterest profile to make a contest by using your products' photos & it will enhance your site's popularity.
    • Provide promotional offers on special occasions. (i. e. Free Shipping & Special gift Coupon).

Soharab Hossain, May 4, 2015 IP
  13. meethi jain

meethi jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    promote it on search engine google

meethi jain, May 5, 2015 IP
  14. Janie with Eglim

Janie with Eglim Banned

Best Answers:
    Have you tried selling on any platform like Amazon or Etsy?

Janie with Eglim, May 7, 2015 IP
  15. cerno

cerno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It appears some of the replies are from people that didn't look at your website and see your products. As you correctly stated the low price of your products makes advertising cost prohibitive. You could focus on guerilla social marketing getting images of your cutest products into popular pinterest portfolios by giving free products to top pinners. Maybe there is also a way you can use a service like SellPin.com to leverage your own gallery once you build a brand name.

cerno, May 8, 2015 IP
  16. spacehades

spacehades Active Member

Best Answers:
    Include a blog section in your site. Post articles with targeted keyword related to what you're selling.

spacehades, May 8, 2015 IP
  17. sudhira

sudhira Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are different techniques through which you can boost online sales to increase ecommerce website revenue. Get your site listed in directories ,Submit your site to all the major web directories.

1 SEO(onpage and offpage optmization)

2 SMO (social media optimization)

3 PPC (Pay per click advertising)

4 Affiliate Marketing

5 Email Marketing

6 Blogging

7 Content Marketing

8 Online reputation management

9 Referral marketing

Attached Files:

sudhira, May 12, 2015 IP
  18. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    Agree with you all the points you have is really very important to market a new ecommerce site, with these points only one can able to market a new ecommerce site.

Lipipaliwal, May 14, 2015 IP
  19. sudhira

sudhira Greenhorn

Best Answers:

sudhira, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  20. ajasofttech

ajasofttech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to do first analysis of your competitor, look inside what they are doing and follow the same thing for your website. This is the best website to start marketing. Best of Luck!

ajasofttech, Jun 16, 2015 IP