1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does forum posting bring you quality buyer leads & sales?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Kushal Shah, Apr 22, 2015.

I've been using all sorts of free strategies to drive quality laser targeted traffic to the websites I am working for. I know most marketers use forum posting to establish themselves as an expert and to get backlinks for SEO purposes, but does it help to bring in quality buyers these days and not just freebee seekers who wouldn't invest a cent in their own online marketing education. Most people search forums for free advice. Thoughts?

Kushal Shah, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  2. KatnissEverdeen

KatnissEverdeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many people do go to forums to learn new things, get things for free, and to purchase items as well. I have been on forums and given away software but also made tons of money selling other software on like 3 different forums. So in my opinion you can drive traffic to your website for sales from forums. You just have to find the right forums that fit what products you are selling and post a little add with info on the products with a link to your website for more info as well as a buy now button.

KatnissEverdeen, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  3. xendurinan

xendurinan Banned

Best Answers:
    In my opinion Forum posting is an effective way to increase sales. I agree with KatnissEverdeen. Most of the people are using forum for getting something new and free. I have also used forums for increasing my sales and it works effectively. So if you can use forums properly then you can easily increase your sales trough forum posting.

xendurinan, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  4. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's effective for traffic but I wouldn't think so much for backlinks since most forums are no follow. Anyhow I got a lot of goog traffic from forums and sales.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  5. devine89

devine89 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an area that I cannot seem to tap into. Looking for forums as one more means to get traffic to my blog(amazon affiliate). Just 4 weeks old and using FB as well at this point and link with my signature via email. When the term forums are used, let's say I am advertising children's toys up to 12 years of age. How to I find specific forums for just that viewer. I have tried googling this and yes there are forums but have yet to find one that allows for posting my url with my comment.

devine89, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  6. KatnissEverdeen

KatnissEverdeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    With most forums you have to have a certain amount of posts, points, likes, prestige, or something along those lines. It isn't too hard to fulfill the requirements in order to post links. Just search around the forum, find things you are interested in and comment. As questions, make friends, help out other members, share HQ Content, by doing this you are fulfilling the forum requirements and adding to the forum. Soon enough you will be able to share links.

Good Luck to You :)

KatnissEverdeen, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  7. devine89

devine89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh wonderful feedback...thank you. But is it possible to get someone to look at my blog and provide their opinion on what needs changing, improving as I have it set up now?
    http://yourpetshopa-z.blogspot.com/
    if not it's okay...thank you though...

devine89, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  8. mairajassy

mairajassy Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah definitely the forum can bring you quality buyer leads that is because there is plenty of people at your discussion so you can get by quality ..

mairajassy, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  9. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking at forum contributions as a means to drive backlinks and help with your website SEO, you are doing it wrong. Google has no trouble identifying the source of the backlinks and signature links will be discarded, if not penalized in extreme cases. But there is no doubt that forums are a good source for driving new leads to your business? I have myself had new customers through my forum posts.

As a customer too, there have been instances when I purchased through a signature link. When I was shopping for a dedicated server, I found one through a signature on the webhostingtalk forum and my discussions went up from there.

XooX, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  10. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think forum posting does not bring quality leads and sales most of the time. Because Forum posting is used for discussion but It drive more traffic to the site.

Xochitl Shatt, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  11. ashumastermind

ashumastermind Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure, But it definitely help in rankings.

ashumastermind, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  12. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its helping to promote or may be demote too:)

Aryans, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  13. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am almost sure forums are not a very good way to attract buyers.. As most people want to learn new things .. if possible for FREE! I would also try Facebook & Twitter and as long as you do NOT spam, you can create an authoritive fan page and twitter account and post often about your services, offer free things, etc. ;)

patco, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  14. DocuMaker

DocuMaker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you expand on that a bit?

DocuMaker, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  15. Auraiya ITS

Auraiya ITS Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, It's a best way to generate traffic & backlinks for your website.

Auraiya ITS, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  16. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    if the forum gets to be seen on search results, it should help potential buyers and leads.

TB Ann, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  17. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes it does. You could find potential clients in the forum. People would also be interested in what business you are into based on how good you answer or solve there problems.

masterbusiness, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  18. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My point was that when Google analyzes the backlink profile of your website, it can easily make out the platform the link was build from. For example, when Google crawls this page and sees my signature link, it is not difficult to know that this is a "signature" link, meaning it was not organically linked to, but was deliberately put in by the website owner. So it may not be giving such link too much weightage even if it is a follow link. Worse, if it sees that almost 90% of your links are from such sources, it could potentially penalize you as well for trying to manipulate.

XooX, Apr 30, 2015 IP
  19. DocuMaker

DocuMaker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah. I see. Thanks.

Not sure I agree with it all, but I do know that Google is aware of such links, and it specifically disregards seo optimized links.

DocuMaker, May 1, 2015 IP