1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need your ideas on driving traffic to movie streaming site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by kidlntg, Apr 25, 2015.

I am going to launch my movie streaming website, I do embed videos on my site so the visitors can watch the videos directly. But I still have no idea on how to drive more traffic to my site and really need to hear your opinions. And should I pay for SEO service ?

kidlntg, Apr 25, 2015 IP
  2. Wasi88

Wasi88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The real question here would be: Does this site provide anything useful that all the well established sites don't? Be honest with yourself. What is your unique selling point (USP)? Why would/should people use your site? If it's just another streaming site, then you can try to buy traffic and paying for SEO services all day long with very little chance for any success in the long term. As long as you don't add any real value to the existing market, you'll very likely fail. It's the same in any niche: Get to know the niche as good as possible, try to find out what all the providers miss and be the one that provides that. If you have a USP, use that in your advertising strategy. Try it and you'll see what works. You can start with ad networks (like exoclick) and using retargeting services (like adroll). Make sure that you track as much as possible while you test different networks. In terms of SEO you should do it yourself if you want to make sure that your site will not get penalized for shady activities. Make sure everything is well in place on-page and go for the proper link building and social networking. I hope that helps.

Wasi88, Apr 25, 2015 IP
    kidlntg likes this.
  3. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Different social media helps you a lot. Posting on G+ communitie's, Posting in Facebook Group's help's you to get expected visitor's.

Xochitl Shatt, Apr 26, 2015 IP
    kidlntg likes this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Never had a movie streaming site, but it seems like those sites get organic traffic naturally without or with very little effort (if they are worth stopping by and watching a movie, of course). You should launch it and use all possible social media venues first for a few weeks. If it doesn't take off then you may consider something else after that.

qwikad.com, Apr 26, 2015 IP
    kidlntg likes this.
  5. kidlntg

kidlntg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All the other movies sites are full of ads, my site is ads-free with fast streaming. So I think people would love it. Thank you for your opinion about the ads networks, I will consider putting some banners to cover server cost, won't think about profit till the site is well-known.

Thank you, will try social media marketing for sure.

kidlntg, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  6. EverestOnlineMarketing

EverestOnlineMarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wasi88 has a point. Make your website stand out from the pack. Offer something unique and different so people will choose you over the competition. Aside from movies, you may offer related content (reviews, movie trivia, etc).

As for driving traffic to your website, you can start by using social media sites to get the word out. This is probably the easiest way, and free too.

EverestOnlineMarketing, Apr 27, 2015 IP
    kidlntg likes this.
  7. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    at first that always sounds like a good notion. If others have ads, then I wont, so people will love
    it, and they most likely will think nothing of it, they watch movies, not ads, and it seems like a
    foolish pipe dream to be ad free forever, before you know it, you cant keep up with BW, then
    may have to get bigger, and bigger server to meet the demand so you can stay online...
    so now you are paying out, paying out, and nothing coming in so others can watch free movies?
    good for the movie watcher, besides the immorality of stealing movies you dont own, and
    to boot, pretty flawed business plan if you ask me, unless you love burning cash, plan to fail.
    movie niche is very tough market, and a few weeks of social media may not cut it...

dscurlock, Apr 27, 2015 IP
    kidlntg likes this.
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good to hear that your site is ads free with fast streaming people will surely like it but in addition to social media try to use other potential mediums like blog site and other related forums to reach your targeted audience. Build trust and reputation with the users.

KylieSweet, Apr 27, 2015 IP
    kidlntg likes this.
  9. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    The best way to drive traffic to your websites are like:-
    Don't make SEO so complicated, so that it will take time to generate the traffic.
    The content you will produce for your website should be valuable and attractive.
    Optimize the sharing tools and utilize the social media.
    Implement the effective SEO strategy.
    Build a strong relationship with people.

Lipipaliwal, Apr 28, 2015 IP
    kidlntg likes this.
  10. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    You could easily drive traffic for your streaming site. People would always be interested in something free especially a movie. Promoting these on social medias would be easy but be sure to provide information about the quality of your videos. Design it so it would not look like a scam. :D

masterbusiness, Apr 28, 2015 IP
    kidlntg likes this.
  11. kidlntg

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Since I don't host the movies on my server, I won't have to worry about BW using and server cost. Of course, will have to find a way to make some profit in the future, but my first target is to gain as many visitors as possible. With huge amount of traffic, I can use it on my other projects which will bring me some cash. I really appreciate your input.

kidlntg, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  12. lorettalschmitz

lorettalschmitz Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure your movie streaming site is great. Make it unique. Make it so that you would recommend it to your best friend.
    People talk a lot about movies - and they will spread your website if its good.

lorettalschmitz, Apr 28, 2015 IP
    kidlntg likes this.
  13. kidlntg

Best Answers:
    Thank you

kidlntg, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  14. kidlntg

Best Answers:
    I thought they're selling fake/surf traffic ?

kidlntg, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  15. Callumm

Callumm Banned

Best Answers:
    They offer real traffic. In fact, I have tried them both and I got great results. You should try them out if you have extra budget.

Callumm, Apr 30, 2015 IP
    kidlntg likes this.
  16. farah.1991

farah.1991 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if you dont have time to do SEO for your website then its better to outsource it. Even then you need to keep track of their performance.

farah.1991, May 3, 2015 IP