1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Geek-2-Geek.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by KatnissEverdeen, Apr 16, 2015.

Hey everyone,
    My boyfriend and I just created this forum http://geek-2-geek.com/. It is a place for people to come hang out/chat. We have just started it 2 days ago. I am looking for some input on what we should add or change. So if you could please take a look and give me suggestions, I would appreciate it.

We have not tried to market, SEO, or do anything yet other than add content. So I will welcome any advice.

Thank you for your time and opinions.

Also, if you are interested in getting Paid to Post this is the place for you. If you are interested please check out the site for info or contact me directly.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    KatnissEverdeen, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  2. KatnissEverdeen

KatnissEverdeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    KatnissEverdeen, Apr 24, 2015 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You may want to consider upgrading your hosting package. The current one can't handle too many connections. This is the message I got while trying to visit the forum:

1.jpg

qwikad.com, Apr 24, 2015 IP
  4. KatnissEverdeen

Best Answers:
    Sorry about that. It is up and running now. We, as well as other members got this. We all believe that we were being DDOSd. We are looking into it now. Sorry for the inconvience guys.

KatnissEverdeen, Apr 24, 2015 IP
  5. KatnissEverdeen

Best Answers:
    We have added CloudFlare so there should not be any issues with that anymore. We have also added more content. We are currently at 171 members and like 2,000 posts. Please feel free to check us out. Thanks for reading.
    http://geek-2-geek.com/index.php

KatnissEverdeen, May 1, 2015 IP
  6. KatnissEverdeen

Best Answers:
    Our members have made a total of 2,392 posts in 481 threads. We currently have 194 members registered. We are still looking for HQ Reviews, insight, tips, and of course new members to add some HQ Content. Thanks in advance :)

KatnissEverdeen, May 10, 2015 IP
  7. KatnissEverdeen

Best Answers:
    This forum is growing every day. I am hoping for it to become a big, popular forum. I am still looking for reviews and suggestions. So feel free to comment here or message me privately. Thanks.
    Also, if you like the forum, please join in on our fun :)

KatnissEverdeen, Jun 10, 2015 IP
  8. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't see any terms of use policy anywhere on the site, that might be wise to have.

Also, a privacy policy and disclosure statement is recommended since you are serving ads (affiliate or other) and it's required by most ad platforms.

ulterios, Jun 10, 2015 IP
  9. KatnissEverdeen

Best Answers:
    We do have rules on the forum and they are posted for all to read.
    "Terms of Use Policy"? What do you mean exactly for this? Its a forum....... A place for people to come chill, hang out, share info/ideas, learn about certain topics, and much more.
    As for the "Ads" that we have posted on our forum, those are all members ads for their own sites and such.......

10. ulterios

Best Answers:
    If you don't know what a terms of use (Same thing as terms of service) policy is it would be easiest to explain it by reading this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terms_of_service

I did see ads from WPengine (adroll ads) at the bottom of the front page. AdRoll does require a privacy policy statement, a disclosure statement along with other requirements that can be found here:

https://help.adroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/201827474-Site-Requirements-

Without meeting the AdRoll requirements they can freeze the publishers account, or they might just send you a warning but it's better to follow their rules just in case.

It doesn't matter if it's a forum or some other type of site, these things are still required.

I'm just trying to help you avoid problems.

11. KatnissEverdeen

Best Answers:
    Well thank you for your help/suggestion. I am pretty sure that my fiancée knows what he is doing. He has used AdSense and other Ad services, CPA links and such, ran other forums, and many, many websites for the last 15 years, as well as having his AA in CIS. I am currently going for my AA and been learning from him for the past 2 years.

I do know what a TOS is. We use it on our websites as well as the software or products that we are selling.

12. ulterios

Best Answers:
    I am not saying he doesn't know what he's doing but those things are no where to be found and maybe he just forgot or got side-tracked. It can happen when building a new site. I didn't see them anywhere and they are usually found in the footer or the top of the page.

TOS is terms of service, thats what I meant by terms of use, it's the same thing. I didn't see it anywhere and it's a good idea as it also helps to provide some protection, especially with a forum site. That way if someone does something crazy that someone else posted and gets hurt or damages something then you won't usually be held responsible if you have it stated that you aren't endorsing anything said in the forum.

Since he used AdSense in the past he should know what a disclosure statement and privacy statement as they are required by Google to have AdSense ads on a site.

Usually many people put the disclosure statement and privacy policy on the same page as the TOS.

You asked for a review and asked for things to add and those are things that should be added. To cover yourself legally and not get in trouble for not following the requirements of AdRoll, WPEngine and other advertisers.

I am trying to give you helpful advise to avoid legal or other troubles in the future.

13. KatnissEverdeen

Best Answers:
    This forum is still up and running. Traffic has slowed down a bit. Looking for some input to help it grow. Thanks guys.

KatnissEverdeen, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  14. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why you make your forum private. I mean users who did not register to your site cannot view your forum threads and content. I think this is not a good idea.

iwebsocial, Oct 28, 2015 IP