1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is directory submission good for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Tuhin Eternal Spring, Apr 14, 2015.

?

Is directory submission good for SEO?

1. Is directory submission good for SEO?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Is directory submission good for SEO?

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Here are two.
    There are others, including Aviva Directory, which includes several articles related to its categories, as well as other textual content, and Directory Journal, which has several blogs. Those are general directories where, given the diverse topics, it is hard to come up with unique content for each category, but it wouldn't take long to find several niche directories where the amount of content almost obscures the fact that they are directories.

BTW, I agree with the premise of what you're saying. In order to remain viable, new directories are going to have to provide content beyond outgoing links, although more established ones seem to be doing okay as they are. I have written about the need for content in a web directory. However, even without that, a reasonable good web directory will give you from ten to fifty relevant results for the topics included in the directory. Google will give you thousands, only two or three of which will be included in the first page of their search results, and people rarely go beyond the first page.

Yes, most people use search engines. I usually turn first to a search engine when I am looking for something. But when I have to click through a dozen pages of results in order to find something relevant to my search, I'll opt for a directory, where every listing should be relevant to the category it is in. Given that anyone with thirty bucks can install a directory script on a shared hosting plan, and call it a directory, certainly there are an awful lot of garbage directories, but I don't go to them, just as I don't bother with any other kind of web site that isn't useful. I don't declare that blogs are junk just because the majority of them are. Instead, I recognize that their are bloggers who do a good job, and there are those that do not. It doesn't take much of an effort to differentiate.

2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lol the examples you gave is just brief descriptions of sites and bs articles for keyword stuffing to appear as if there's more content than links. Completely worthless.

NetStar, Apr 18, 2015 IP
  3. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Backdated strategy try to get some new strategies for creating backlinks.

Atikur, Apr 18, 2015 IP
  4. Web Directory Reviews Org

Best Answers:
    As is your opinion, since you're invested in finding fault.

5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not invested in finding fault. I asked you to post a directory with content... Most (all) directories only content are links. Turns out the examples you posted were just link farms with the occasional bs article keyword stuffing to fake search crawlers in to thinking there is content. Therefore it's pointless. What you posted is nothing better than what most directories do. There is absolutely no benefit in listing your web site on those directories. Therefor it's pointless.

NetStar, Apr 19, 2015 IP
  6. Shawn Dickson Swail

Shawn Dickson Swail Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submission is a very nice Off-page task which is helping to improve the rankings of the keywords and provide stability in the top with organic search results. But we need to submit our website only in the relevant category if we need to get full profit of the directory submissions. Because Google provides priority only relevant task.

Shawn Dickson Swail, Apr 19, 2015 IP
  7. rudrainnovative

rudrainnovative Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Directory submission is very beneficial for SEO.

rudrainnovative, Apr 19, 2015 IP
  8. Web Directory Reviews Org

Best Answers:
    Nonsense. You didn't even look at them. There is nothing "occasional" about every category. That's okay; you've bought into a lot of nonsense, and you feel like you need to defend it, so it's not worth my time with you. "That" would be pointless.

9. mahfujrahat

mahfujrahat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All kind of marketing is good for your website. So directory submission is also good for seo. But you have to do it manually. Don't use any automated software to submit.

mahfujrahat, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  10. DCWebAP

DCWebAP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    do you know any automation software that do this?

DCWebAP, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I did look at them. I'm not defending anything. You are defending the sites you posted. They are plain old directories with random articles stuffing keywords to trick the crawlers in to thinking theres more content than links. There's no benefit to being listed on those sites. What are the benefits? Actually don't try to answer that.. it's pointless. Noone is going to those sites to find a site. They would use a search engine.

NetStar, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  12. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ten years ago I used to submit daily to many directories. After a while, I was listed in thousands of them. About 1% were of good quality. Google, Bing, etc., are wise to that tactic, and nowadays directory submission is a pale shadow of what it used to be. Done to excess, it's pretty much guaranteed to hurt your website, not help it.

I spend zero time these days submitting to directories. I'm still in a few good ones like DMOZ, BOTW, and a handful of others of high quality. All the others I have disavowed and notified Google.

Jim4767, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  13. rahul_77

rahul_77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As per Google updates, I believe directory submission is not good for seo because I read that many directories have been penalized.

rahul_77, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  14. rapaman

rapaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    If manual submission with every directory unique title/link text - some positive moments will be.

rapaman, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  15. princefunny

princefunny Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it helps you increase quality backlink!

princefunny, May 3, 2015 IP
  16. Muhit Alam Razon

Muhit Alam Razon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, directory submission good for SEO if you keep relevancy. Most of people don't do that and get penalized by Google.

Muhit Alam Razon, May 4, 2015 IP
  17. Alex.p

Alex.p Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its bad if you unable to find out good quality and niche related directory sites. But if you submit on quality ones which is your niche related then its good to improving your SEO. Think about quality, not quantity.

Alex.p, May 5, 2015 IP
  18. lister sarker

lister sarker Member

Best Answers:
    Before 2 or 3 years ago Google like to directory submission.but now a days Google totally avoid it.and don't give PR by directory submission.now Google focus in on-page optimization as article,unique content,image etc. directory submission is spam back linking.it is not good for SEO. so avoid directory submission and focus in on page optimization.

lister sarker, May 5, 2015 IP
  19. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If they are niche targetted directories and if they are dofollow with a possible high PA and DA, then maybe yes.. It shouldn't be a big list after all this being said, so submitting to 5-10 directories won't hurt, but could help! ;)

patco, May 5, 2015 IP