1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I use 301 redirection from example.com to www.example.com or not?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by goldensea80, Apr 20, 2015.

There is an popular advice, that if you want to use www.example.com, you should use 301 permanent redirect from example.com to it.

But if I already has canonical tags that indicate www.example.com as the main page? Do I still need it? Because I notices it may delay the page for a few seconds because of the redirection.

goldensea80, Apr 20, 2015 IP
  2. s3m

s3m Member

Best Answers:
    It's up to you. But when you make 301 redirection, you say to searchengines something like - hey, this page is no longer avaliable, remove it from your index pls
    and when you use canonical, you say smth like - this page is still avaliable, but please don't index it. Please index the other page, but this page is still reachable for people and i don't want to delete it

s3m, Apr 21, 2015 IP
    goldensea80 likes this.
  3. goldensea80

goldensea80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So in my case, I will use canonical tags instead of 301 redirection to save a little bit user waiting time and server resources.

goldensea80, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  4. s3m

s3m Member

Best Answers:
    Yep.

s3m, Apr 21, 2015 IP