1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Make Money Quickly With Email Marketing?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Mkcoy, Apr 20, 2015.

What would one have to do or steps have to take to go about making money quickly from email marketing with a list already?

Whats the quickest way to go about it? Would have to find some high converting offer and email the life out of it?

Something so that even if I send 100 million emails and only get just 1 conversion that would be worth a few k or something.

What tools or services are used to actually mass send emails for starters can you recommend or point towards anything like that or how to go about getting the emails to actually email. Or do you keep that to yourself?

Do you think its best to start your own list with double optins?

Thanks! ;)

Mkcoy, Apr 20, 2015 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You won't make money with a bought email list. Odds are that list has been resold over and over and contains emails from older lists that have also been resold over and over. You're probably sitting on old inactive emails.

But assuming you have a current untainted list....there are so many obstacles you will be faced to guarantee delivery. Also email marking aka spam in your case was of value in the 90's. These days it's pointless and a waste.

Back when I had my social networking web site I wrote a crawler that searched for emails on other social networking web sites. I built my own list with over 500k emails. I strategically wrote an email system to send out from various ips. After emailing 500k people I had about 10 free sign ups. $0 dollars made. And those accounts became inactive a week later. This was back in 2005. I can just imagine how less effective it would be in 2015.

Don't waste your time. If you want to make money build a web site about how to kill an email spammer. Ask for donations and set goals. Goal 1: reach $500 - jump off the roof. Goal 2: reach 1000 - lay on the railroad tracks. Goal 3: reach $2000 - tie a rope around your neck and to the bumper of a semi. It's a great kick starter idea for an email spammer looking to make quick money...

NetStar, Apr 20, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    And that's why I come back to this forum day after day. Love it! :)

qwikad.com, Apr 20, 2015 IP
  4. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Let’s get down to business and see what ideas we can come up with:
    * SELL YOUR OWN PRODUCTS
    * SELL SPONSOR ADS
    * Leverage Your Confirmation Email
    * Recommend Educational Materials and so on.Might it helps you.

Xochitl Shatt, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  5. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But that is just YOUR experience and not the reflective experience of everyone else. Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean that it still doesn't work.

Everyday I get spam emails, why do people still do it if it doesn't work!?

Because it DOES work!

Mkcoy, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  6. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    it does work of course but it depends on who the people in the list.

TB Ann, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  7. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How do you mean?

Mkcoy, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  8. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    Well if you know these people and what they might be interested, then you can probably offer products. Now this will also depend to the kind of product. The list can go on so if you know them the better.

TB Ann, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  9. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right, get ya. What about the tools they use to do it with though? I presume they don't send them from Gmail or Thunderbird?

Mkcoy, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  10. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It won't work...idiot. Spam ISN'T effective. It doesn't matter if you have 1,000,000 emails. I bet you, you WON'T see a return or even much traffic with a random email list. Between spam filters and people absolutely indentifying spam as it comes in you won't even have a high open rate. And as for clicking on any links by default most email system disable links until you enable them. And if you DO get clicks what are the odds of the person being interested in your random site when they were randomly emailed an irrelevant link. And if they are interested in your site what are the odds of them making a purchase. Who the hell does that? Who the hell receives an email from a stranger then says "oh shit... $19.95 for 20 socks... not bad... I think I'll buy 40". It doesn't happen.

I am willing to bet you don't get a single sale from your attempts. I'm willing to bet you get black listed for bulk email or the majority of your emails are NEVER received. If you have a random unmaintained email list it's POINTLESS to send out emails. Once the email server detects duplicate emails OR/AND emails bouncing back they will start rejecting your emails.

It's not just my experience...it's a fact. Go a head. Try it out..idiot. You act as if you are on to something big in 2015.... You aren't. It's called spam. Idiot. (Notice how I called you an idiot multiple times? Idiot.)

NetStar, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  11. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well... Spam does work - somewhat. There's a reason spam is till the major part, percentagewise, of email going through every day. However - professional spammers target millions upon millions of users - I don't have the numbers right now, but an article a couple years back talked to one of the more proliferate spammers out there - he was talking about sending between 20 and 200 million emails A DAY - and for that he made a "comfortable living" even after expenses - but he worked for it - this wasn't an easy job, it took him many hours each day to do the job - it's not all automated, he cleaned up, he moved servers, he tried different things to avoid spam-checks etc. etc.
    He was also usually way more successfull targeting less experienced users - users in Europe and most of the US are hard to fool - and let's admit it - spammers try to fool you, 99,9% of the time. That however means that you have to have products that are interesting also to poorer individuals in rural areas (India and Asia in general, for one).

My 2 cents is that it isn't worth it - it's a lot of work, it's dishonest and annoying, it serves no legitimate purpose (except making you some extra bucks), and it rarely pays off - it also demands a bit of an investment in both time and infrastructure - you can't do this from any random VPS with a mail-server.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 21, 2015 IP
    sarahk, NetStar and Mkcoy like this.
  12. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alright, calm down you mad bro?? lmao! Please, don't insult my intelligence with your verbal diarrhea!

You think you have all the answers but you talk yourself into a hole. I'm not acting like I'm onto something big at all you are out there brother! LOL

"From my attempts"? Who said I'm attempting anything?.. I'm simply asking out of curiosity because I have to do some article on cyber crime and wanted to know as well, like if it doesn't work, then why does it continue even today? I'd never send spam emails and get into all of that myself bit did just wonder. LOL you want to calm down netboy. Why am I an idiot for being curious and asking questions about email spam? You are getting forward in yourself man... Come back down to earth, here, have a snickers. Why? Because you're a right diva when you're hungry! :D

Mkcoy, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  13. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone who resorts to spamming is an idiot. It's harassing. How would you feel about your cell phone ringing 10 times a day with silly deceiving automated ads that start off with "Hey seniors! You just won a vacation!..."?? Go check your junk folder... I guarantee you it's full with Fake Breitlings, Penis Pills, Illegal software, etc. You would be no different than those idiots. If they are idiots....so are you for wanting to do the same.

Would you like your email to be spammed? Idiot.

NetStar, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  14. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @PoPSiCLe thanks! Actually that is very much like the kind of intelligent answer that I was looking for.

Yeah sort of what I figured too. That's what I say alway better to just grow your own list when it comes to that kind of email marketing. For people that actually want your email.

Apparantly it goes back a long line since the early 90's, email spam biz's selling out to others who splintered, merged and migrated over time. There's some particularly big well known email spam comp's that the Internet Police know about and lots of other smaller ones and new ones that pop up here and there, last for a while, and go underground again. They use email harvest tools of all types and same for email sending bots / servers etc. But its big money and can be expensive just starting up and not to mention illegal anyway of course lol but it don't stop people getting into it still. Maybe I was just trying to expose something and question why its still a problem today even with our sophisticated spam filters and everything in place. Email spam actually consumes a large portion of the Internets bandwidth and is a major problem for ISP's and web hosts alike and wastes hundreds of hours even days even when you consider how much time has been wasted deleting or dealing with junk spam emails I think it equates to about 1 third of the whole life of the Internet which started when in 1985ish right? It's pretty much existed for as long as emails have. For as long as people realized they could send something to them in an email for free. So that means about 10 years wasted because of email spam LOL

I think a good way to deal with email spam would be to charge to receive it. Have any spam thats sent to you, automatically charged by the sender from their side by a setup agreement with the hosts registrar.

Have some kind of handshake protocol so that the incoming email has to first be allowed to even email and send itself but if it does then accept and automatically charge the sender some rate set by Nominet or something?

What do you think? Would stop email spam dead right!? :p

Mkcoy, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  15. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  16. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I've used Mozilla Thunderbird and mail merge before. But that was 4 years ago, it was effective that time though.
    A year ago I've tried email marketing again (bought emails) without success.

Patricia Ann Lee, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  17. JeffMichaels

JeffMichaels Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The sad truth is that spam does still work today. I've worked for hosting companies offering dedicated servers and we'd occasionally receive "e-mail marketing" clients. They would have zero hesitation plopping down large sums of money for dedicated servers available immediately.

Despite the propensity of spammers to put down large sums of money quickly, in the long-run it is not worthwhile to host them. I cannot begin to tell you how many man hours I spent de-listing IPs from blacklists. We screened orders quite carefully for this reason.

JeffMichaels, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  18. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, well it was, until that moron rushed in where angles fear to tread. Would you be kind enough to elaborate on this? The landing page part I mean.

I've put together what I would say is a pretty detailed article now on cyber crime and the section for email marketing. Or rather, email spam.
    But I still feel as though it needs more as it needs to go into detail on each part.
    I was really hoping to get some names of tools/services that email spammers use/used to/have/had used to do so so that it will be more informative.
    It's actually for a policeman who has gone from being a street bobby for 25 years and is retiring but has started some Internet policing service or something.
    I don't really know all the ins and outs of it. Will have more details soon but that's whats and who its for.

I might have to put it up here after so ya'll can read it.

Cheers.

Mkcoy, Apr 23, 2015 IP
  19. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lol... First he wanted to try something new... then it was for a paper he was writing... and then he was curious.... and now it's for someone else Lol

NetStar, Apr 23, 2015 IP
  20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You could have saved everyone a lot of time and bother if you'd said in your original post that you were writing an article - does the cop you're selling it to know that you don't actually have a clue?

I've long suspected that with spam and those "windows" calls that the people making the money are the ones selling get rich quick packages to naive, poor people. The get them setup, show them what to do and the buyer sends out emails, makes the calls etc and wonders why they don't get a decent return on their investment. I really struggle to believe that people open bs like this...

upload_2015-4-24_15-13-22.png

So you need to research how people get started and see if my suspicions are correct...

sarahk, Apr 23, 2015 IP
    malky66 likes this.