1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

starting to study Direct marketing...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Steven1989, Apr 19, 2015.

Hi people!

After some days where I thought about a branch of marketing where I can specialize, I decided that I would study Direct marketing because I like it and in my country we've a great need of it!

So, could you give me one site/author where I might start? I'm asking you for one name because I think studying one author at one time is better then too many authors in the same period....

Thanks a lot for your help! :D

Steven1989, Apr 19, 2015 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I assume that you understand that true Direct Marketing encompasses both online and offline practices. Direct Marketing has been around for close to a century now, and is characterized by being data driven and measurement oriented. For something to be true Direct Marketing, it must be completely measurable and, therefore, "test-able."

While not the end all be all, the Direct Marketing Association is the largest professional direct marketers organization in the U.S., where a lot of direct marketing has been pioneered. You should check out their website sometime:

http://thedma.org/

Good luck. I hope that you find it to be a fun and worthwhile pursuit.

jrbiz, Apr 19, 2015 IP
  3. Steven1989

Steven1989 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I knew those characteristics...and I love them thanks for your help, i'm starting to study now :D

Steven1989, Apr 20, 2015 IP
  4. safetynetzero

safetynetzero Active Member

Best Answers:
    safetynetzero, Apr 22, 2015 IP