1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yandex versus Google

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by umeedngo, Nov 28, 2012.

1. kexer

kexer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think yandex webmaster panel not comfortable. I cant see manual filter, and indexation time much longer than google

kexer, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  2. kexer

kexer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    And also i disappointed up cycle. Some time we need waiting 10 days, some time 3. Generally google to much better!

kexer, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  3. GodRidesHonda

GodRidesHonda Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    kexer, thanks for your opinion.
    i'm agree that yandex updates its base not very often, so some results are not fresh enough. but don't forget about "Fast index" - "quick-bots" are indexing pages in a moment (in case if your site suggests fresh news regularly).

Yes, yandex webmaster's panel doesn't have "manual actions" on board. But you are able to talk to support. Sometimes they do answer if your site has some troubles.

GodRidesHonda, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  4. kexer

kexer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ohhh yes sorry. I forgot about yandex support. Please remind me how name this man? Platon Shukin? Absolutely unprofessional support. Very long reply and not specifics you troubles. Most popular answer - Just develop your site and all be good in future. Excellenti think)

kexer, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  5. Poline89

Poline89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, google is better. Yandex is mostly used by russian internet marketing agency, but google is the search engine everywhere and by everyone.

Poline89, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  6. KseniaSanna

KseniaSanna Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yandex is good for use in Russia, but when searching for any foreign companies or even the official site, it ydaet oshibki.Krome addition, Yandex contextual advertising is very cheap.

KseniaSanna, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  7. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, can't agree on that Google is the top and best search engine after Google comes the yandex i.e supporting DuckDuckGo Results from the Google are more specific i.e you are not going to get results that you aren't looking for and I can bet you on most of the people using Google Search Engine never looks at the second page of the search result !! Ask this question yourself and this time please be geniue, while in other search engines people take the cursor to the page 2 of search results, well this means that people are getting results in Google just by looking at the first page while if i talk about other search engine people can't find what they are looking for and this compelles them to look at the second page. what this means is Google give more accurate results than Yandex and this is the reason why Google is at the top and most used search engine among the user.

John Dave, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  8. Ujjwal SEO Blogger

Ujjwal SEO Blogger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google is much better than Yandex

Ujjwal SEO Blogger, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  9. Ukraine

Ukraine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yandex almost USSR search engines. Very much censorship.

Ukraine, Dec 20, 2014 IP
  10. luanatf

luanatf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @John Dave I'll 100% honest then. :) I use Google (encrypted) when I need to find very recent results (i.e. within 12 hours of publication), BUT I have yet to find Google SERPs as good as to stop me from visiting page 2, 3, 4, etc. Usually I stop at page 1 on DuckDuckGo -- and sometimes Yandex, but definitely not Google. There are SERPs for my query that Google completely screwed up, so to speak.

luanatf, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  11. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    The word "Best" will depends on a person's preference.
    So for me, I'll go for Google. :)

Patricia Ann Lee, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  12. TopForum.Ir

TopForum.Ir Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is the best!
    I wish have google in my country.

TopForum.Ir, Dec 24, 2014 IP
  13. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google is best till now. I hope there will be competition for Google in future, so that we will get even better search results.

pupul, Dec 26, 2014 IP
  14. osangaope

osangaope Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    google is the best so far, check http://www.naijashine.com they are supplying me great traffic

osangaope, Dec 26, 2014 IP
  15. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    For me google is number one search engine because of its performance and reliability, but of course other search engines have reasons to be on top too.

Dario McNut, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  16. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    yandex is a spam website, i think, all spammer on my ite come from yandex and .ru

indiasbull, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  17. Skorpion1493

Skorpion1493 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yandex WebVisor this much needed service. User experience factors evaluated much better.

Skorpion1493, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  18. s3m

s3m Member

Best Answers:
    The question "Yandex vs Google" can be considered only in the context of Russian and ex-USSR websearch.
    If your target audience is not there, then forget about it (in other case the Yandex should be your main spending target).

s3m, Apr 20, 2015 IP
  19. majamkd

majamkd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yandex is the largest media property in all Russia. Yandex offers live traffic maps,free email, photo storage,, music, videos, and much more. Yandex is better for Russian language search In general, Google is not nearly as effective at parsing user intent over spelling in non-English search Yandex is even popular on Android, last year Yandex launched its own fork of Android, called Yandex Kit, which allows users to use Android without Google. Yandex’s algorithm might be able to better account for spam. There are countless “ad” agencies that exist just to sell links for the purpose of increasing search rankings This effort by Yandex may allow Yandex to generate better quality results than Google which undoubtedly filters spam links, but is most likely still giving credit to low quality links. Yandex is likely to continue to grow at the expense of Google due to market realities that just don’t exist outside of Russia.
    Even though we are not very familiar with it, Yandex yet should not to be neglected because it covers a huge market and offers services very similar to Google.

majamkd, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  20. SLES suppliers

SLES suppliers Peon

Best Answers:
    I also think Google is the best.

SLES suppliers, Jul 20, 2015 IP