1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Short Term Online Business Ideas

Discussion in 'General Business' started by torts_0112, Jan 13, 2015.

Hello!

I am looking to start a small online business. Any idea of what is a good one?
    A business that I can manage myself as a I start.

Will be thankful for any suggestions.

Thanks!

torts_0112, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  2. mikebvm

mikebvm Member

Best Answers:
    I've been wondering lately how much someone could leverage local retail and Amazon's online sales. It would probably be a side-hustle at best, nobody is getting rich off this idea. It's a quick business with no startup capital necessary, just your time to figure out "inventory."

So, for example, you start an Amazon retail store. You use your local Walmart as your inventory. You price a standard markup and bill shipping costs. Obviously not everything will do well online, but I'm sure that out of the thousands of items you can find at local retail stores some of them might be competitive to sell online.

mikebvm, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  3. freshymedia

freshymedia Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a bad question to ask, rather you should look inwards and see what particular skills/knowledge/expertise you have in a particular industry and how you can leverage that to your advantage. When you chart down your strengths, then you can see what niches/businesses might complement that.

freshymedia, Jan 17, 2015 IP
    Skunkard likes this.
  4. TeKn1qu3z

TeKn1qu3z Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Buy low, sell high. Business 101.

TeKn1qu3z, Jan 17, 2015 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  5. Samker

Samker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Samker, Jan 18, 2015 IP
  6. Daniel Daines-Hutt

Daniel Daines-Hutt Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey mikebvm

There's a whole heap of people doing huuuge amounts of cash with FBA from amazon
    Literally buying on sales products from walmart and selling it for more via Amazon.

Pat flynn has a podcast where he interviewed a couple doing it, I think they 20x their income within a year from it
    They even have a tool for the iphone that scans the barcode of the product in walmart, and then tells you average prices on amazon to guestimate your profit margin

Daniel Daines-Hutt, Jan 22, 2015 IP
    Kawish likes this.
  7. Kawish

Kawish Active Member

Best Answers:
    Daniel explained it very well, but there are so many hassles with Amazon like the shipment etc. Go and find something that is totally ONLINE.

Kawish, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  8. alrudak

alrudak Member

Best Answers:
    Try business with mobile apps. PM me if you need help

alrudak, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  9. Regrouping-webmaster

Regrouping-webmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's an oddly difficult question.

I sometimes try to reword it as "What's a problem that I can solve for others that they would be willing to pay for". DO NOT fall into the trap of having to start an online website because that's what the get rich quick market tells you to do. They have no interest in you and will only ever have an interest in taking your money.

Regrouping-webmaster, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  10. Mo' Money

Mo' Money Active Member

Best Answers:
    blogging with adsense, ecommerce site using dropshiping system salehoo maybe , or making money with afiliation programs! selling CB stuff! :D

Mo' Money, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  11. Email Speed

Email Speed Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest selling to comapnies some services or virtual products. I can help you with that and split commisions

Email Speed, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  12. nard

nard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That depends on what you can do and what you are good at. First, make a list of your skills and highlight the things that you like to do best. Think of your passion, something that you don’t mind spending hours, days or even weeks to finish. Think of what you actually enjoy and they think how you can make money out of it. Is there a market for this particular skills or products? Why would people buy this service you’re selling? You can only succeed by doing something you are really passionate about.

nard, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  13. piapetersson

piapetersson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Firstly analyze at which skill you are best, a field in which you can excel. Choose that field of business with deep thinking analyse your potentials, risk, scope etc, after all these still you are not sure about loss or risk or which business to start ask any expert business consult.

piapetersson, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  14. Email Speed

Email Speed Peon

Best Answers:
    market research is very important here....

Email Speed, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  15. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, you must have some idea about small business. The particular speediest along with simplest way to acquire profit the pocket by an online business is usually to learn to change fields. Domain name trading is often a significant company that’s readily available for a person with virtually any amount of practical knowledge. Because the much like actuality residence along with public sale markets it is quite easy to begin with along with if you the item appropriate you’ll easily gain assurance along with income. There are several domain name buying and selling assets along with suggestions on different web site.

Xochitl Shatt, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  16. dwaters

dwaters Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been running my FBA business for about two years and there are many methods to make good money with it. It is a great business model. Yes you do need to jump thru a few hoops and follow Amazon's rules but you get great benefit from it. For one thing you get to have your inventory on the site with their HUGE buyer traffic. Just about everyone on their site is there to BUY something. You get super low shipping to their warehouse. Once the item sells they will take care of shipping to the customer, any refunds or returns and customer satisfaction issues are taken care of for you. It is essentially like being in partnership with the online selling experts - and they do a large portion of the work for very reasonable fees.

As for sourcing products there are many ways to do so. I still reguarly go to Target and Walmart and by items on sale and sell them n Amazon. Every week I buy items on ebay that I know will sell quickly with a good margin - like 50% or more ROI. And of course there are many other sources as well.

dwaters, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  17. monika gupta

monika gupta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First of all you decide what you want to sell then you research that what is the possibily for you and how to you promote your product online and sell.

monika gupta, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  18. Skunkard

Skunkard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really you want to aim your sights on passive income as this will ultimately get you the most amount of moolah for the least amount of work, that being said, I will suggest both passive and active income streams for you..

If you are slightly technical, I suggest starting out by picking a cheap hosting reseller account so that you can start reselling hosting packages quite quickly and easily through forums, eBay, etc - however it doesn't end there you can sell all sorts of digital products - PDFs/ebooks, photography, scripts, videos, mobile apps and so on.. there really is no limit to what digital products you can offer, there just needs to be a demand for what it is you are offering, so make sure to do your research - cannot stress that part enough. No point wasting x amount of man hours just to realise that your chosen niche is dead or saturated with competition.

You can also offer digital services such as content writing, logo creation, web development, SEO, web hosting (like I mentioned previously)... I guess the bottom line is just use your imagination when it comes to what type of products you'd feel passionate selling and in regards to freelancing, create/apply for online jobs that are best suited to your personal skillset.

Best places to get you started with the freelancing jobs (all others are generally a waste of time):
    - fiverr.com
    - peopleperhour.com

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    Skunkard, Apr 18, 2015 IP
  19. hafizahmedraza

hafizahmedraza Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have competency in any area , Start by providing your services.

hafizahmedraza, Apr 18, 2015 IP