1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

google algorithm and domain names

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by maileen, Apr 15, 2015.

Hi,

i'm currently working on a huge web application that should be used in several languages.
    due to importance of keywords and domain names i was thinking that for each language mutation to have a different domain name.
    I mean to use different keywords as domain name because in USA, in UK, in France, in Spain, the same keywords do not have the same amount of monthly search.
    all websites (frontends) would connect to the same centralized DB.
    e.g. my US domain name could be: "jobs.com" while in France it could be "travail.fr" and in Spain "trabajo.es"

from my understanding, it has several advantages like each website could have tags, header, keywords dedicated to localization, it allows better load splitting in terms of concurrent users, etc..

is it a really good idea to do such thing or is it better to have only 1 domain name for the worldwide like "jobs.com" ?
    if only 1 domain name, how to specify a different header, tags, keywords based on language ?

thx

maileen, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  2. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends upon your implementation and seo knowledge. Both the method works well.

blogdum, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  3. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sir, these days, it doesn't matter squat what your domain name is today really. It could be a combination of all keywords, an EMD long tail or just a few letters.
    While domain name is important it doesn't really hold any weight in the serps anymore.
    But a domain name needs to be descriptive and friendly still.
    Although 100% EMD's still can work G put a lot of work in eradicating them from the SERPs a long time ago if you remember?
    Why have different sites for different languages when you can translate your own content and serve it to a different country.
    Also you could have the same domain name but just use different TLD's like .es .ro .fr etc depending on the language.
    You would have to do the translating yourself but can use scripts or plugins fairly easily enough.

Mkcoy, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  4. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Having the exact-match site within and connected with alone isn’t gain to rank. Exact-match domain which excessive use the search phrase to be able to game Google will suffer, seeing that Google search Land points out. Yahoo would like to incentive web sites which produce articles customers want to see. Any content marketing strategy will help firms building content which improves their relevance and in the long run boosts their ranks.

Xochitl Shatt, Apr 18, 2015 IP