1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is directory submission good for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Tuhin Eternal Spring, Apr 14, 2015.

?

1. Is directory submission good for SEO?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Is directory submission good for SEO?

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Tuhin Eternal Spring, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  2. kashifmahmood

kashifmahmood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Only if its related to your niche then it will have a positive
    effect on your site SEO otherwise its of no use.

Submitting to 1000s of directories with varying titles
    and ranking is the thing of the past.

Now you need to focus only on getting relevant backlinks.

kashifmahmood, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  3. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No. Most of these companies use automated software to submit your site to thousands of directories and eventually your site will be banned.

ceenote100, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  4. RDO Servers

RDO Servers Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, IF it is a quality, high PR directory

RDO Servers, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  5. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    That answers the question of automatic directory submissions, and I agree. I recommend learning something about web directories so that you can tell the good ones from the bad ones, then submitting your own site manually. In that way, you can be sure that you are submitting it to a directory that you want your site listed in, that you have chosen a relevant category for it, and that the page that it would be listed on is a good neighborhood. There are an awfully lot of bogus or low quality web directories, but then there are a lot of low quality blogs and even web sites in general. The good ones are good for SEO, and the bad ones are not.

Google hasn't updated its PageRank in a while, and Google spokespeople have said that they wouldn't be updating their public PageRank, so that's not an effective qualifier.

6. uder

uder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Get baclklinks from authority sites, sites with high page rank, focus writing articles, guest posting and blog commenting too

uder, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  7. EverestOnlineMarketing

EverestOnlineMarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article directory submission worked in the past, but now it could get you penalized by Google. However, some who tried it before still benefit from it. I suggest blog commenting, guest posting and making use of content syndication websites. Of course, make sure your content is of good quality and offers something valuable to readers.

EverestOnlineMarketing, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You probably won't get penalized however it most likely won't do jack for you. Like someone previously said...it's a thing of the past.

NetStar, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  9. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Low impact and its recommended to implement different strategies like content marketing to target your audience and establish your business in the respective field.

KylieSweet, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  10. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it is still as effective as before. I believe it is more of a link scheme now.

Patricia Ann Lee, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  11. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Web derectory will serve to be a huge information base with regard to the major search engines to show appropriate results inside their search engines. Directory submission to such web sites has generally played out a critical function within SEO in addition to raising online traffic. SURE... many qualifiers in addition to evidence. Today's SEO publish will be that may help you decide several suggestions, as well as specifications, with regard to sites. Simply by developing several specifications for ones website in addition to exactly what web listing distribution could be suitable, you'll be able to benefit immensely from listing marketing, specially if you're simply just getting started.

Xochitl Shatt, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  12. seobysearch

seobysearch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Strictly Don't Do this...if you have newly added website on server then after launching website do some directory with search engine submission. But if your website is already passed 1 month of Age. then please just don't do directory submission.
    There are many other activities :
    1. Blogging
    2. Content Marketing
    3. Social Bookmarking & Share with 2.0, 3.0 websites.
    4. Make different different Profile building. There are 1000 of websites in internet, But you have to burnt into it.
    5. Article Submission (Use per your business, Use 3-4 article per month )
    6. Involve for long-time : Yahoo Answers & Forums related to your business.

seobysearch, Apr 15, 2015 IP
    kasun0777 likes this.
  13. ashumastermind

ashumastermind Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directory Submission on help full any more in seo. Its good only for brand building.

ashumastermind, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  14. Web Directory Reviews Org

Best Answers:
    Come on, people. Give it some thought rather than simply parroting mantras. A web directory is a web site. The good ones are worthwhile, the bad ones aren't. No different than blogs, or forums, or any other kind of web site. Sure, there are a lot of bad ones because anyone with thirty bucks can put up a web directory, but there are even more bad blogs yet we don't babble on about blogs being bad for SEO. All you need to do is learn to tell a good site from a bad site, and you're good to go. The rest of it is a lot of nonsense.

15. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Being that your username is "Web Directory Reviews Org" of course I'd expect you to be pro-directory. Anyway, Directory vs Blogs is an interesting topic you bring up. The main difference is a Directory's content is a farm of links and a Blogs content is article based which may or may not contain relative links. So in that sense for SEO a Blog will win every time. As for receiving traffic from those sources....I can see someone finding a Blog on Google then clicking on a Link to another web site but I fail to see why someone would visit a Directory web site and browse random links in a cateory with 0 content. I can't say all Web Directories are pointless...but in my own opinion there is very little gain in having your web site listed on a directory, no matter what PR that directory has.

I look at an online directory the same way I look at a phone book. A phone book lists the Names and Numbers of People and Businesses organized by Alphabetical order and Business Categories. You use a phone book to find someones contact information. In 2015 the majority of people most likely will not turn to a phone book to find someones number. A directory is just that...odds are you will NOT browse a directory for the URL to a web site you want to visit. You most likely will not browse random listings in a category to find a web site to visit when you can simply type in a keyword in Google. In 2015 the majority of people most likely will NOT turn to an online directory.

Now after typing this...how the hell is a directory worth anything to your web site in 2015??????????

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    NetStar, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  16. meethi jain

meethi jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes of-course, directory submission is first and good process for link building, which give us one way link to our website.

meethi jain, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  17. RogerDale

RogerDale Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It seems like the web directory submission is like "to be or not to be" question ;)

RogerDale, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  18. Sunviraz

Sunviraz Member

Best Answers:
    If you do all the directory submission manually by someone expert, and your link building is good, then directory submission is obviously good for seo

Sunviraz, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  19. Web Directory Reviews Org

Best Answers:
    If the only ones you've visited have zero content, I can understand why. If every blog that I had ever seen hadn't been updated in five years, I probably wouldn't have good thoughts about blogs either. However, in most cases, the worst of something is not considered to be representative. Unless, of course, you're looking for a negative conclusion, which seems to be the case here.

20. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Show me a directory with content.

NetStar, Apr 18, 2015 IP