1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I design an HTML email?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Amanda Hurley, Apr 13, 2015.

I've been trying to google different ways of doing this.

I have Adobe Dreamweaver, I also heard it could work in Fireworks?

I just have no idea how to make this work, and would love it if someone could explain or direct me to a quality tutorial.

Thank you!

Amanda Hurley, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  2. braulio

braulio Active Member

Best Answers:
    Amanda,

An option to reinventing an html email is mailchimp.com.

We use mailchimp. You can send 12,000 emails per mo to 2,000 subscribers per month for free.

Good luck,

Braulio

braulio, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  3. Amanda Hurley

Amanda Hurley Peon

Best Answers:
    Am I able to take a PDF and create HTML code in mail chimp?

I have a marketing automation program I use, I just want to input the code in there.

4. RDO Servers

RDO Servers Peon

Best Answers:
    Html email is the same as html for a webpage. The only difference is you have to send it as html, rather then pasting the code in as text.

There are several html emal generators online.

RDO Servers, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    First off I would advise AGAINST making an HTML e-mail. Not only is mail client support more spotty and inconsistent than browsers were fifteen years ago, it is commonly used as a SPAM filter; My own server is configured to detect and spend emails made with HTML ONLY direct to my junk box on the principle that nobody e-mailing me has a legitimate reason to be using HTML in the first place. It's pretty much waving a giant flag proudly proclaiming "this mail is spam!"

IF you are going to send a HTML e-mail I would be certain to include a plaintext version using multi-part since a number of mail clients won't show your HTML version properly.

Now that said, the other thing you need to keep in mind is the majority of mail clients are truly inept at rendering HTML; particularly anything modern. You have to dial the clock back to the worst of 1997 coding practices... good rule of thumb? If you can't make it render in Nyetscape 4 and IE 4, it won't work in a mail client. That means NO CSS, NO SCRIPTING, and a reliance on markup techniques that should have been killed off decades ago. Basically, we're talking HTML 3.2 with MAYBE a handful of "proprietary" properties that were accepted into HTML 4 Tranny (and were deprecated in STRICT -- not that it makes sense to deprecate values that were never part of a specification the same time you put them in the spec... But hey, W3C, don't look for common sense there)

Which of course is why modern tools also suck for doing it. Not that steaming halfwit piles of bloated overpriced manure like Dreamweaver are worth using in the first place. I would HIGHLY suggest pitching any sort of WYSIWYG or other tool in the trash as the only thing you can learn from them is how NOT to build a website!

Or as a dearly departed friend put it, "The only thing about Dreamweaver that can be considered professional grade tools are the people promoting it's use."

deathshadow, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  6. simplykreative

simplykreative Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is very easy and basic task. Nothing much to worry. Here below is a link to tutorial that well explains the method to create a newsletter.
    How To Code An Email Newsletter in 4 Simple Steps
    http://www.blog.skdesignz.com/2015/04/how-to-code-email-newsletter-in-6.html

Hope this helps if you any questions let me know, i would be happy to assist.

simplykreative, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  7. Amanda Hurley

Amanda Hurley Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much!

8. simplykreative

simplykreative Active Member

Best Answers:
    More than happy if it found you some solution. :)

simplykreative, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  9. DCWebAP

DCWebAP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Was also wondering how to do it manually or are there any software that automates writing e-mail in HTML format ?

DCWebAP, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  10. Rocko Berry

Rocko Berry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am satisfied to deathshadow answer. This answer is correctly

Rocko Berry, Apr 16, 2015 IP