1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I improve my site's SEO?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Laslow, Apr 6, 2015.

Hello Everyone,

I am a graphic designer at Ink Signs based in Sydney Australia, and we have a website at www.inksigns.com.au.

We have recently got a new design for our website, and we're constantly trying to improve it by simplifying some parts of it, making it more clean and professional looking.

However, we are not happy with the number of visits that we have on our website, so I would like to ask for some feedback from any of you who are experienced in terms of SEO - what do you think are the most relevant things that we should focus on and get improved so that our site could get a higher rank, and therefore more visitors in the future?

Thanks everyone in advance.

Best Regards,
    Laszlo

Laslow, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  2. ashumastermind

ashumastermind Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Laszlo,

First you have to decide what keyword you want to target for your website.
    I can help you to create meta tags for your website.
    Then you have to write content which we need to post on home page. At this stage on your website home page don't have content.
    After this you need to setup Google webmaster tool.
    Analytics is already installed.

For off page activities i will suggest you later.

ashumastermind, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  3. liquidone

liquidone Member

Best Answers:
    "I can help you to create meta tags for your website." What is this 1999? Google doesn't look at Meta Tags.

liquidone, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I do not think meta tags are that important, but your content and choosing the
    right keywords are important, then you need to be smart with your linkbuilding
    so you can get that content ranked as google does not like sites
    that use link building in an unatural manner....

dscurlock, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  5. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,

You need to optimize your site both by off page and on page, Select appropriate key word which exactly match with your search query...
    Make your site content highly optimize with keywords, build backlinks which will bring more visits.

aceriker, Apr 7, 2015 IP
  6. uder

uder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    the right keyword and content can help you rank your website better, if you choose a very competitive keyword you need to work hard and get links to your website, backlinks are very important, dome social bookmarking to get indexed easily in google.
    when you choose a low volume keyword you will rank first page without any backlinks. if there is competition you absolutely need some work. do a local search if you are selling just in your city and see if you can rank better. use google keyword tool.

uder, Apr 7, 2015 IP
  7. infinity875

infinity875 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create astounding content
    Once your site is in order and you’ve got an idea of your keywords, you’re ready to create the kind of content that improves your SEO by bringing you social shares and quality inbound links.

But not just any content will do. Content marketing has exploded in popularity so quickly that it’s harder now to stand out.

infinity875, Apr 7, 2015 IP
  8. Rocko Berry

Rocko Berry Active Member

Best Answers:
    The shorter the steps they need to make to find your contact details, to register, or to complete a sale, the higher success rate you would receive. Search engines crawl your website through your navigation links, so if your customers are happily browsing, good chance that search engine crawlers are too.

Rocko Berry, Apr 8, 2015 IP
  9. Laslow

Laslow Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you everyone who have posted a reply to my question so far.

We are constantly doing researches on how we could improve our site's ranking / SEO, I heard from quite a lot sources that building backlinks is one of the most important things that could help us and allow more people to find our website based on their needs. Currently, we have backlinks on our Facebook and Twitter page.
    Keywords is also something that we are looking to get improve on, at our homepage, and inner pages as well.

I would also love to hear some additional ideas in terms of SEO that you think could also help us improve our rankings, also, if you could give feedbacks on our website's structure, and whether you find our pages' availability easy or difficult, it would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Laslow, Apr 8, 2015 IP
  10. Kushal Shah

Kushal Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, you are a designer and not an SEO. Your company needs to have an experienced SEO on board who would look after the traffic.
    Secondly, traffic isn't something that comes in easily. It needs lots of research, hard work, creative ideas and link building techniques that only SEO could do to improve the visibility of your website.

Kushal Shah, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  11. Michaela Kennedy

Michaela Kennedy Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is not rocket science. But it is an ongoing process. Like infinity says, relevant content is key to good SEO. Also, you have a lot of images but they do not appear to have alt tags on them. Labeling your images will help tremendously with search engine indexing.

Michaela Kennedy, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  12. Shawn Dickson Swail

Shawn Dickson Swail Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to inform that if you want to increase traffic and online sales then first you need to design eye catching and attractive website with unique and quality content, then you need to set-up On-page optimization according to Google rules then you need to start off-page optimization to boost ranking of the keywords. Once you got top ranking in the search engine by natural ways you can see your website traffic and sales automatically increased.

Shawn Dickson Swail, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  13. HuskVillage

HuskVillage Member

Best Answers:
    Most important thing to SEO is relevant and FRESH content. There is no plug and play answer. Things like using keywords in your picture file names, keyword rich articles constantly updated and even landing pages that directly correlate with what the user "googled".

HuskVillage, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  14. mediapak

mediapak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After a site redesign or new design, number of aspects need to be considered before you think that it is ready to get visits from Google. Most important thing is load time.
    Sometimes sites are created from template and they contains their own garbage data that makes the site slow and keeps the server busy. Google does not like slow sites
    After site design, code optimization is very necessary. Remove all non required code, compress the code where needed, reduce the image size etc. Then you need to work on its content and on page seo. Google likes natural so be natural.
    Make sure you do not have very long url structure. Google likes short urls just like human.
    If you already have done all this but still no visits, then you can send me site by PM. I will check and suggest you the next strategy.

mediapak, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  15. tommyanderson

tommyanderson Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you want to improve your site then you should ensure that your site is accessible by search engine.Use meta data or Html for the technology that the search engine have trouble.you should also consider the keywords to make the site more improve.once your site is in order then you have got an idea of yours keywords,you are ready to create the kind of content that improves your SEO by bringing your social shares and quality.

tommyanderson, May 8, 2015 IP
  16. spacehades

spacehades Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try make a blog section. Post articles every day about your site niche. Target low competition keyword, that would help you ranking on serp.

spacehades, May 8, 2015 IP
  17. lukeSwenson

lukeSwenson Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think a well-organized site seems to be useful for the readers. Make categories and add related topics to the related category. I also look for a site which is more organized and easy to use. You should also check out SEOClerks. You can hire an expert from this site who can help you in improving your site's SEO at a cheap rate.

lukeSwenson, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  18. cwvps1

cwvps1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Invest in original and unique content and connect to social networks. Also, some guest blogging wouldn't hurt.

cwvps1, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  19. DennisStam

DennisStam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First you should write good content. Write it for your users, not for Google. Next you should get some links to your target pages (The pages you wants to rank), and of course your homepage. But all this is not enough, if you have technical problems (duplicate content, the pagespeed, linkstructure etc.) There is a lot of guides online, which I think you should read :) Moz.com has a lot of them..

If you rank good, and still won't get any visitors, then look at how many searches there is - if there is enough, it can be your meta description, and title tags there should be optimized..

DennisStam, Jul 14, 2015 IP