1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shared Hosting in USA & CDN in India POP does this help

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by taj1504, Feb 24, 2015.

Hi,
    I've have a website which targets India traffic only. It's currently hosted in shared hosting servers of USA & want to use India based or located CDN services to improve the site speed & seo rankings. Does this helps?

Or do I need to host in India itself because in India there's no good quality of hosting services & also cost of hosting in Indian servers also bit high compared to USA. I thought hosting in USA & using CDN of India should help in reducing the cost & improving the site speed. But I have a doubt on this. I found few good quality & low budget CDN services that have their POPs in India like CDN77, Amazon Cloudfront & Bitgravity.

So please suggest me the best way to improve the site speed at low cost as website should handle 8000 -12000 daily page views. Because to improve google rankings site speed is a major priority. Also if I want to use CDN of India POPs or Hosting of India suggest me best one at low priced & good quality.

taj1504, Feb 24, 2015 IP
  2. mikebvm

mikebvm Member

Best Answers:
    Using a CDN with a good Indian presence will help speed delivery. If you have spare bandwidth on your hosting plan you may be able to try TCP acceleration as well. I hear mixed reports about TCP acceleration, some say it greatly increases speed while others say the cost doesn't outweigh the benefits.

mikebvm, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  3. taj1504

taj1504 Member

Best Answers:
    So hosting in USA servers doesn't matters. But haven't heard about TCP acceleration.

taj1504, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  4. mikebvm

mikebvm Member

Best Answers:
    For website hosting the latency should be less noticeable than for something like VOIP or gaming. It matters - just less than a lot of people think. How "heavy" is your site? Is it a fairly basic site or do you have a lot of flash and video? If you're hosting in the US and you have a site with a lot of graphics/flash/etc. you may want a CDN that can locally cache that in India. CDNs are designed exactly for such a thing, so that should make an appreciable difference.

mikebvm, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  5. taj1504

taj1504 Member

Best Answers:
    My site doesn't have too many graphics. Most of the web pages are under 1MB of size or sometimes it exceeds. So will this help to improve google rankings as site speed is a major priority in SEO?

taj1504, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  6. mikebvm

mikebvm Member

Best Answers:
    For SEO it's more about your speed to Google than to your end users.

mikebvm, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  7. taj1504

taj1504 Member

Best Answers:
    So I can host in USA. That's good to hear. Can you suggest which CDN services will be good among CDN77, Amazon Cloudfront or Bitgravity? All three are International & having their POPs in India.

taj1504, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  8. mikebvm

mikebvm Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't personally used any of them but I'm sure someone here has. I bet someone responds within a day or two with experience.

Best of luck!

mikebvm, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  9. taj1504

taj1504 Member

Best Answers:
    OK Thanks man! Cheers. Have a nice day :)

taj1504, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  10. smfseo

smfseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cloudfront works well for me. My server is at Ovh canada. Have a look at the performance : www.indiabroadband.net

I hope this helps.

smfseo, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  11. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @taj1504 Why do you pay premium for CDN? I do not know your monthly budget, but it would be much more expensive, compared to any local web host. It makes sense to host in data center based in India or in any other Asian country. This will lower your latency you'd not increase your monthly budget.

HostColor, Apr 7, 2015 IP