1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What kind of website would you buy?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by superrichguy, Apr 2, 2015.

I am wondering what sort of websites would you buy if you had say $50, $100 or $1000? And what makes you want to buy the site?

superrichguy, Apr 2, 2015 IP
  2. shivjamesh

shivjamesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    why do u have any website for sale

shivjamesh, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  3. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, I was just curious on peoples thoughts.

superrichguy, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  4. liquidone

liquidone Member

Best Answers:
    One that makes money! PERIOD

liquidone, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $50 - I would pass. If you are selling a web site for $50 you probably have minimal time invested in it and no potential to make even a $1.

$100 - See above.

$1,000 - If it's earning $75+/month organically I'll buy it. However, odds are it's not. You don't normally sell a web site for 1 year revenue that will create the profit on it's own in time.

NetStar, Apr 5, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. Olopseu

Olopseu Peon

Best Answers:
    I pay attention to many factors

Olopseu, Apr 5, 2015 IP
  7. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I visit Flippa.com a lot. I look for websites that have steady growing organic traffic without any seo work. Usually around 6+ months old.. If it's already getting natural organic traffic then all the hard work is done.

Anyhow, I would buy it and build it up to either resell or keep and profile from adverts or affiliates.

This is a quick example I do a lot of research first.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 6, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. Elizabeth.Huang

Elizabeth.Huang Member

Best Answers:
    I have registered some .top domains. Cause I think "TOP" is short, easy to type and remember, and also what it represents is meaningful.

Elizabeth.Huang, Apr 7, 2015 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Personally, I'd buy a site that has a proprietary value. I would not buy a site that depends on some affiliate program / widget / other site to function. Don't have any particular idea in mind, but you get the gist.

qwikad.com, May 11, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Some good advice above. I would add that you should try to buy a website that is on a topic of interest to you. It will make working on the investment a bit easier for you.

jrbiz, May 11, 2015 IP
  11. Creative Nerd

Creative Nerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally prefer to build my own websites as I don't see a smart opportunity in paying let's say $1000 for a website that makes around $50-$60 a month (because that's the average income that a $1000 website is making atm).

Altough creating your own websites does require more work, if you know what you're doing, you'll make those $50 a month pretty easy without paying $1000.

Creative Nerd, May 11, 2015 IP
  12. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like to buy geo+service that are either free to reg or are dropping for no more than 10-15$. For 100$+ I would need to see some greater value like a good brandable name or lots of potential leads for that domain name. As for 1000$+ I have never spent so much on a domain name simply because I can make more money with 100x10$ acquisitions than to risk it all on one domain name that will most probably be in storage for years. Free to regs are still the bulk of my business but I do a lot of research.

Domain Lead Finder, May 11, 2015 IP
  13. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So if a web site makes $60/month consistantly you wouldn't buy it for $1k? That's odd. In worse case scenario if you hate your decision you could keep it for 4 months then sell it for $760 ($240 less than what you paid) and recoupe every cent you spent.

Or keep it for 1 year then flip it for profit.

Or keep it for 1 year while making improvement then flip it for profit or hold on to it since you are now in an equitable position.

It's a lot easier and quicker to throw some money around to make money instead of spending hours/days/weeks/months of Research & Development to generate something that already exists. Or hell...buy the web site and keep it while you work on your own project.

Unfortunately you probably will NOT find a website that makes a consistent $60 a month on it's own selling for $1k. But who knows...you may have some idiots out there that need a quick buck.

NetStar, May 11, 2015 IP
  14. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    If we want to buy a website then it is very important that the website you will should be very attractive and user friendly.
    The website you buy should be according to your need, you have to mention the niche of your website specifically.

Lipipaliwal, May 14, 2015 IP
  15. Rebecca Kelly

Rebecca Kelly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would prefer to buy an established website that cost you between $400 -$1000.Benefit of buying an established website is that you will get established customer base and revenue generating website. You will find many sellers, buying from trusted provider like WebStarter360 help you to buy best websites online

Rebecca Kelly, May 20, 2015 IP
  16. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    At the moment I prefer to spend more time on my websites, than buying a website from another webmaster. It's true that the more you spend the more "you will earn". But it's also true that the less you spend is something you earned right now.

Means the costs you don't have are earnings. That's why I teach how to have maximum results investing less money.

That's for small business, of course. Medium or big projects are different and money is involved a lot there.

Said that, you need anyway to invest on specific software, applets or tools but it's "less money" than spending $10000 on websites without knowing what you are doing.

17. Reetah

Reetah Peon

Best Answers:
    Any Niche website that pays you a commission of 45% from one sale. I will go for these kind of micro niche site to earn some bucks.

Reetah, May 20, 2015 IP