1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Motivates You?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Franklin Hatchett, Apr 6, 2015.

We all have those days, those days that don't go our way.

Whether it be

Failed ad campaigns
    Failed ideas
    Grinding for little returns
    Mistakes that cost us money and time

Somedays I wake up and just think to myself "I really can't be bothered today" on those days I find motivation to kick me into gear.

Anyone have any motivation techniques that help? I listen to videos like this to get me going. I wake up at 7am every morning... When I don't feel like it I watch a video like the ones below while laying in bed.... it works and get my ass out of bed haha.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  2. DocuMaker

DocuMaker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not motivated to do what I do. I'm addicted to it.

Just.
    Can't.
    Stop!

DocuMaker, Apr 6, 2015 IP
    ceenote100 likes this.
  3. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's the attitude I like to see !

DocuMaker likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Fear. I have a wife that likes to shop, a daughter in college, and a son who will want to go to college soon. And they all trust and rely on me to make it happen while keeping them in the lifestyle to which they have become accustomed. Fear of failing to meet their needs is what gets me out of bed in the morning and keeps me on the run all day.

As I reflect on this situation, I recognize that I did not necessarily negotiate the best role in the family. :)

But, my point is that having others dependent on you is actually a great motivator.

jrbiz, Apr 6, 2015 IP
    Vitarank and Content Maestro like this.
  5. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    absolutely, I agree. responsabilities in general are great motivators. anyway, I found that motivation or desire to succeed in your projects depend also on the previous successes you had in the past. Means, more success you have, more you are motivated to reach the next goal.

that's why initially, it's a lot better to focus on small goals, so you can easily reach them and build your confidence, keeping the motivation high. and you can be sure that many fail also with the small goals.

jrbiz and Content Maestro like this.
  6. EverestOnlineMarketing

EverestOnlineMarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with jrbiz and Jake. Responsibilities keep you motivated, especially if there are other people's lives on the line. You keep going not only for yourself, but for others. Also, keeping one's eyes on the prize always helps.

EverestOnlineMarketing, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  7. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's always different with me. Sometimes, even a long pep talk won't work while in other instances, just a small kick in the back gets me going. I also watch and listen to a lot of motivational material and quotes, but that doesn't always motivate me. The best things, as @jrbiz and @Jake The Competition Man pointed out are the fear of failing or that someone is dependent on you for some reason along with a sense of responsibility. They compel you to keep your promises and commitments more than anything else. Nobody takes seriously a person who goes back on their word.

Content Maestro, Apr 6, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would have to agree with all of you. Great info :)

9. nard

nard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I’m motivated by the need to provide good life for myself and my family. I think it’s enough motivation to keep me inspired all day. Having set a goal that I want to reach in a couple of years helps me stay focused and determined. Of course the fear of being broke is also a good motivation, I guess we all hate to be broke and stay broke until we die and that makes us haul our a** off every morning.

nard, Apr 8, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  10. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm. Come to think of it. Fear really is a good motivator. Like fear of not being able to provide for your family motivates to work your a*s off. I still live with my dad, so I can't actually say that I provide my family's needs :D but I contribute to our household expenses. And oh, I am going to send my sister to college this coming school year ;) so yeah, that's a good motivation.

Fear of losing - losing someone and losing a battle/life challenges. I guess we all have that fear. The fear of losing someone special or close to my heart, motivates me to make every moment with them worthwhile. Fear of losing a battle/life challenges - motivates me to be a better version of myself everyday.

Vitarank, Apr 9, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. safetynetzero

safetynetzero Active Member

Best Answers:
    Being accountable to someone is a good motivator. For some reason, people will work harder for someone else than they will for themselves. It has something to do with not being so afraid of letting ourselves down as we are of letting others down.

In the past, I've found myself working harder to build my employer's dreams than I have to build my own.

Makes no logical sense!

safetynetzero, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  12. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That is so true. Even your spouse can be a really helpful accountability partner. My wife is really good at that.

qwikad.com, May 4, 2015 IP
  13. Wandawonderful

Wandawonderful Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The dream of having a better and more comfortable life with my love ones is what motivates me to do my best each day.

Wandawonderful, May 4, 2015 IP
  14. Doctor Tech

Doctor Tech Member

Best Answers:
    Working towards a goal is what motivates me :) Looking forward and learning from past mistakes.

Doctor Tech, May 5, 2015 IP
  15. Rocko Berry

Rocko Berry Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are particularly likely to be asked about your motivation in a strengths-based interview. For example Boss is always motivate the employees so that employees are more confident and good and more works in the company.For example "you work really, really hard to achieve a goal or finish a task and get a rightfully deserved, "job well done" it motivates for employees.

What motivates me is my Big Brother. He has always been there for me and encouraged me not to lose hope.... I am thankful for that.I'm motivated by the word of God and prayer. It encourages my heart and keep me on the right track.

I want to become better at my job, and I want to help others. I want to be a leader in our field.People motivate me. I love helping, and making people happy. It brings such satisfaction to see the smile on someone's face after I've just helped them in some way.

I am motivated by my mom. I am proud to say she has achieved a lot for a single parent. She has always been there for me and my sister and for that I would like to thank her.

Any people would be motivated by all of them.
    • Achievement
    • Interaction
    • Creativity
    • Leadership
    • Service
    • Problem solving

Rocko Berry, May 14, 2015 IP
  16. Gyan027

Gyan027 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    such things motivates me most...
    IMG_156960605185895.jpeg

Gyan027, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  17. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What motivates me when the obvious (money) fails to:

1) Coffee
    2) Les Brown
    3) Watching family videos
    4) Jaret Grossman
    5) Sitting on the front porch watching my neighbors leaving for work
    6) Responding to my Wife with "Sure, you can buy that".

Matthew Sayle, Jun 11, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  18. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's something external. Motivation is a state of mind. So. There you go.

SocialSignals, Jun 12, 2015 IP
  19. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like an earlier poster has stated, it's not motivation. It's ADDICTION. I love what I do and it's truly a blessing that I don't have to work at some crappy job doing something that I don't like and at the same time making someone else rich.

I don't work all day long but I have a list of things to do and they must be done. Some nights I stay up all night working and figuring out how to expand my business. Money and material things don't motivate me. I just want to be great at what I do. It's the passion of internet marketing that drives me.

ceenote100, Jun 12, 2015 IP
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    FYI, in my experience, it is people like you that end up making all of the money. We poor souls who purposely want to make money end up fighting hard for it every day. :)

jrbiz, Jun 12, 2015 IP