1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google News ranking and SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by carlo75, Feb 12, 2015.

Hi all,
    I've one site included on Google News (italy) and my staff post regularly news all the day. I receive the notice of inclusion on 9 february: sitemap is accepted but news aren't indexed, I have received only a single hit from GN until now, I'm asking if this behaviour can be considered normal, for a new site...

Anyone has more experience? When I'll see some more hits?
    Thanks in advance, regards.

carlo75, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to indexing Google is unpredictable because it can index right away and sometimes it take weeks. In my experience using different platforms to submit your content will be the best way to index your page. It is one way of consistency to tell Google that your new page exist.

KylieSweet, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  3. carlo75

carlo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Kylie,
    thanks for your reply. So I'll try to submit the contents on Google+ and Twitter, then I pray for getting more hits from Google News.

carlo75, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  4. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    there's some thing that I've always been using. There is an online service called twitter feed, that will take your rss and post updates to twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook account. You can set how frequently, and how many posts at once.
    It's a nice way to notice search engines that something new has been posted and it's automatic .I always been noticed in less than a day in google search.
    Also it's an external thing so no website resources wasted.

Hope this helps

King Manu, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  5. carlo75

carlo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi King Manu,
    thanks for your resource, for doing that I'm using this killing apps ;-)
    IFTTT: Put the internet to work for you.

carlo75, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  6. ricky709

ricky709 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are expecting a flood of traffic from the news, then you can directly submit the link via Google webmaster tools. Or use Fetch and Render option there.

BTW, how did you get the approval for Google news? Is there any specific method/steps/requirements to follow? I was thinking to apply http://trendinindia.com for Google news approval. Your inputs are appreciated

ricky709, Mar 14, 2015 IP
  7. carlo75

carlo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Ricky709,
    no particular way. Follow the Google's guidelines, make a LOT of quality contents and that's all.

carlo75, Mar 16, 2015 IP
    YesBoss and ricky709 like this.
  8. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Something is wrong. I use to own a G News site. The posts get indexed within minutes of you publishing them on your site. I would contact them and ask them why your posts aren't getting picked up. If you're using WP I think there's a plugin for GN.

Make sure to only post Quality content (100% Unique), daily and don't spam articles with links/affiliate links. Have a page listing several Authors that contribute.
    I used Google Trends to find "Hot Topics" each day to write about. Got great traffic. Good Luck

kjh-08, Mar 21, 2015 IP
  9. carlo75

carlo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi kjh-08,
    can I ask you how many visits you get daily from GN?
    I work in Italy and Google Trends isn't updated to the last hours, but last 24 hours so isn't valuable for GN. We made daily 100% quality content, no spam and the Authors page is already alive, but at GN traffic is actually very low.

carlo75, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  10. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on your topics and timing. You need to cover topics that are very popular at that given time. Search News sites in Italy each day to see what's trending. News is a fast paced niche, what's hot today, is old 48-72 hours later.
    Cover any MAJOR news, events, products. Keyword here is Major because like I said your articles are old news quick. So to get the most out of your article's ex. traffic/revenue cover only topics you know will get views. You can get hundreds to thousands of visitors for a single article in 24 hours if the topic is hot and timed right.

You can send me a link to your site to check it out if you want.

kjh-08, Mar 23, 2015 IP
    carlo75 likes this.
  11. Kushal Shah

Kushal Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Visit news.google.com and use this query: site:yourdomain.com and see if your website have been indexed in Google news section or not? I have faced the same issue in the past. I was getting over 90k traffic from Google news section and now it has dropped to 4k to 7k a month.

Kushal Shah, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  12. carlo75

carlo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know how your traffic is dropped?

carlo75, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  13. Kushal Shah

Kushal Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, in "Google webmasters => Crawl Errors => News" section, I see alot of Article fragmanted, article too long and short errors. Google team told me fix such errors and take care of it from next to keep getting traffic but somehow I couldn't fix it as everything looks fine to me. You could try fixing those errors and see it it works for you or not.

Kushal Shah, Apr 3, 2015 IP
    carlo75 likes this.