1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What should I do to reduce shopping cart abandonment?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by RogerDale, Mar 26, 2015.

Abandoned carts can be very discouraging. What steps should I take to minimalize carts abandonment?

RogerDale, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  2. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:
    Free delivery.

buythiscomputer, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  3. JRosenthal

JRosenthal Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi RogerDale,

This is a pretty huge topic and without specifics about your conversion flow, it'll be a little difficult to determine the best way to help, but I've got a few general pointers.

First, buythiscomputer's suggestion pretty solid. A lot of consumers tend to jump ship when the shipping costs make for a significant price increase. If you can't afford to offer free shipping, consider offering free shipping threshold (ex: Free Shipping on orders higher than $100!).

Full Disclosure: I work for a company called UpSellit that focuses on this sort of stuff. I'm not here to sell you anything, but there are some handy tips on our blog for precisely this problem. Check it out and see if what we've put together there helps at all. I can't post a link, but if you Google us, you'll find it.

Best of Luck!

JRosenthal, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  4. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make your prices lower LOL

Mkcoy, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  5. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    As others have mentioned this is a massive topic, and quite difficult to answer properly without knowing more details (your site/business/customers...)

But here are a few general tips that should help:
    - Improve the speed of your site
    - Offer one page/guest checkout (make it as simple as possible, only ask for essential things)
    - Offer a last minute discount voucher if people are closing the browser or hitting the back button, or offer a discount during the shopping funnel
    - Offer free shipping if people buy straight away (to test the waters and see how people respond to "free" shipping)
    - Or create urgency by other means (low stock, sale ending...etc) (think of those hotel booking sites saying 1 room only left at this price, or 4 people have booked this room in the past 24hours)
    - Offer more payment methods
    - Improve or emphasis your website security, privacy and refund/returns policy
    - Provide a toll free number or live chat they can quickly access in the checkout
    - Remind customers about their abandoned shopping cart (within 30minutes, within an hour (dont wait much longer), offer a special deal in your email)
    - Test, test, test, test (you'll never have a perfect site, so never stop doing ab split testing)

hhsaus, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  6. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,

To reduce abandonment cart , you can provide discount , discount coupons, can remove hidden charges, provide multiple payment option, easy steps to check out, make buying option with out registration etc..

aceriker, Apr 2, 2015 IP
  7. Katherine Noto

Katherine Noto Member

Best Answers:
    makes the price low

Katherine Noto, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  8. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    As I think that to reduce the shopping cart abandonment one has to reduce the price of the product.

Lipipaliwal, Apr 14, 2015 IP