1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making Money Online and Why Email Marketing Still Works

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Alex Leizerovich, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Alex Leizerovich

Alex Leizerovich Active Member

Best Answers:
    OMG buys email lists. Your ignorance and lack of knowledge is hilarious.
    I bet you never even made your first $100 online.

Alex Leizerovich, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  2. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Continuing on..........
    I repeat YET AGAIN. If your email spam marketing works then why do you put in the effort of marketing to try to get others to use email marketing. If it really earned money then you would not be scavenging around here to try to earn a few bucks.
    PLEASE ELABORATE or just do what you telemarketer type idiots always do. Run like a coward.
    You did the same thing with hotelcombined. You are just a total BS scammer all around. Friggin india bs.

DinoJRG, Jan 29, 2015 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well it's common sense that any relevant optin service you provide will convert when offering a paid relevant product or service..

NetStar, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need him to answer that. Everyone knows that if you are selling information on how to make money the author sees greater value in the redistribution of the strategy rather than applying it on his/her own.

If I showed you how to turn $5 in to $500 you would probably take $5,000 and turn it in to $50k then $500k then $5m before you run to digital point to sell this awesome idea for $4.

NetStar, Feb 1, 2015 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  5. Alex Leizerovich

Best Answers:
    We saw how much you make now and what kinda person you are from your thread here:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...read-anything-like-this-in-your-life.2745265/
    I feel sorry for you because you are just a quitter. And because you quit you think everyone is a scammer.
    You such a big shot that you make only $400 per month now.
    I sure as hell don't need to prove to you anything.
    But just for the fun of it here is how I don't make money from email marketing :)

papal.PNG

I am not from friggin India. I am from First world country.
    My niche is email marketing, of course that part of what I do gonna be teaching the things I do.
    There is nothing wrong with teaching the stuff that you use.
    Like I said there are many traffic sources. It doesn't say shit if I use signature on a forum.
    It sure as hell nothing to compare to other traffic sources ive used.

Now pull your head out of your A** and stop crying and blaming everyone else.

Alex Leizerovich, Feb 7, 2015 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  6. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    So you know what I earn online. That means nothing.

Nope, but there are a lot of scammers. A LOT.

DinoJRG, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  7. nathan neeley

nathan neeley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    mafias are no bueno, but some mafias do great things, the Japanese mafia was the first organization to help after the earthquake hit Tokyo. like that it goes both ways, all business can be jaded. I have a clothing company and would like to get a base for a monthly/weekly email.

whats the best way to do that.

nathan neeley, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  8. Alex Leizerovich

Best Answers:
    First you can start by asking email address from each person that buys from you something.
    Think about something of value that you can send them in form of a newsletter, stuff that they might be interested in.
    The idea is to create some added value and connect, not just send promotions all the time.

If you wanna grow your list and find new customers you can use different traffic sources like bing, ppv and a few others.
    You can also find people that sell something similar to the things that you offer, check their site if it has some kind of an optin form. If they do it means they build email list.
    After that contact them and create some kinda of Joint Venture, where you offer something that will have added value to their list. With clothing you can offer some kind of discount ONLY to customers on their email list. Or even ask the list owner what his list might be interested in.
    This is a very fast way to build your list with very targeted leads that are interested in your product.
    Just think who else is selling stuff to your target audience ?

Alex Leizerovich, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  9. nathan neeley

nathan neeley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i like the joint venture idea a lot as well as the rest of the advice. thank you, i would like to let you know how it goes

nathan neeley, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  10. Alex Leizerovich

Best Answers:
    Sounds good. And yes JV can be an amazing way to build your list with very targeted leads.
    This is actually one of the most powerful ways many of the big guys use.
    It can be much more effective if you already have some kinda list.
    But I am sure you can still find a few people that are willing to expose their list to your products/added value at least.
    Just think what might benefit their list, and maybe even complete the products they are already selling to their list.

Alex Leizerovich, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  11. Matthew Singh

Matthew Singh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    With email marketing; there are a lot of spammers and scammers out there but if you simply study things like copy writing; stealing great headlines from being on top marketers lists that got your attention and saving these swipes to use them; that'll improve your email open rates and conversion rates.

Another key thing is to BUILD A RELATIONSHIP with your list. Be cool, be genuine, give away cool free stuff and advice and tips that actually work. Then when you do make an offer with your product/affiliate link in there; people will be more inclined to open your emails, enjoy what you've got to say as you've proven yourself as someone who knows what they're on about and has taught them cool stuff for free...and people will then be more inclined to click on links and buy stuff you're promoting. So you're making money through email marketing in a cool way and ethical way without being a spammer

Matthew Singh, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  12. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That might be you, however, in most cases the seller makes money, thats their benefit. If they have a product that noone is interested in, you cannot blame the buyers. If I make edible shoes out of pizza, I cannot call buyers selfish for never buying my shitty product.

But for an example, take a look at your local supermarket. If they sell milk, they make a profit. Thats what is in it for them. They might even have loss leaders, where they make a loss on specific products, whats in it for them? Word of mouth promotions. Shoppers tell others about the bargains, it brings even more people to the store, and moves stock. Someone coming to save a few $$$ on milk (where the seller makes a loss), ends up spending another $20, $50, $100 on other things. Even if they dont buy more that time, it builds goodwill, and trust.
    So whats in it for the seller? Getting promoted by customers, establishing goodwill, and making money, are all pretty damn good things for a seller.

Reminds me of a used car salesmen I met years ago. Actually seemed like a nice bloke, but they didnt have alot of cars to choose from, and instead of walking out, I felt like I needed to give them a chance as the guy couldnt even afford nice shoes. In fact, I have seen homeless people dressed more nicely then this guy. I know that by buying a product from him, that I essentially paid for his meals for the week. I did get a car I was really happy with, that was extremely reliable. So win win.

But lets face it. Sellers are NOTHING without buyers. I know what you are trying to say, but end of the day, sellers are nothing at all without buyers. Take a look at any company. Apple for instance would be nothing at all had it not been for people buying their products (in fact, I remember when apple was soo poor that microsoft had to buy shares from them. When is the last time that apple users thanked microsoft for keeping apple alive?) Sure apple doesnt need your help anymore, but there was a time when every sale counted.

I agree with this. If I invest in something, I expect a financial return. You keep refering to buying courses, and ok, in this example, what you learn from the course should then provide you skills which give you a financial benefit.
    If the product is not good, and is not likely to yield a potential financial benefit then it is NOT an investment.
    I disagree.
    Ok, let me put this another way. Lets say I never want to be a doctor. Why should I run out and invest in a stack of courses that dont relate to me. This is not an investment.
    Alternatively, if I already have multiple quality courses, guides, again, why buy "yet another" if it is simply going to be a waste of time.
    What you are talking about is almost charity, not investing. And if you are going to do charity, why not find a homeless person and and buy them "relaxed time".

I am serious, whenever you spend money, you should always look at it as an investment. If it is unlikely to ever give you a benefit, then you need to reconsider.

The world wont become a magical better place if everyone just runs out and buys random courses, and if this is the world you want to live in, then how many courses are you buying per day, per week, per month, per year? If I find you another course that is better and cheaper will you instantly purchase it?
    Surely if you havent purchased one a day, surely, you are breaking your own ideals? Surely you are not being concernced about "my money my money my money" and saving money for things, or buying clothers or paying off mortgages, when there are thousands of people that you could be "buying relaxed time for course maker".

matt_62, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  13. heruma

heruma Member

Best Answers:
    Alex,

What you said about building list is very true. In the brick and mortar world we collect phone numbers. How we use the list or phone number is entirely up to us. Some people believed in spamming, some in building relationship.

Once, I applied a credit card from a bank sales person. In less than a week, I started to get calls from other business' sales person offering me to buy their products - loans, insurance, tv subscription, and many more.

On the other occasion, I met a sales person. I was introduced by a friend of mine. The first encounter, he did not talk about his product or company at all. We just talked about life, business and family. Before he left, he ask me for my phone number and permission to call. The next day, he called and ask if I want to meet with an engineer who can help me with my problem with one of my machine. My machine problem was never solved. But the sales person already score a good impression with me. At the end, I bought an insurance policy from him, and I recommend many new clients for him.

I think the same thing with email marketing work here too.

heruma, Mar 10, 2015 IP
  14. JLeon

JLeon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think you shouldn't collect the email of someone who buys a product from you to be honest. If you're not doing that you can't help people after they made their purchase. Or give updates on your product so that would be bad practice in general.

But i understand your point, some sellers only collect email addresses so they can spam the hell out of you after their launch. You see it all the time with some pseudo marketers who do these major launches. They give 100% commissions on sales, they got a couple of buddies promoting for them, make 1000+ sales and then promote their buddies products to get the 100% commissions from those promotions. When their list dies they do another big launch (which is basically rehashed crap from their previous launch) and the cycle repeats itself.

On the other hand, there are also genuine marketers who use different tactics, and in that sense the people on their list actually receive value for being subscribed. So you can't say ALL email marketers are con artists imo. :)

JLeon, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  15. PDD

PDD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think there's a difference between "email marketing" and adding value to recurrent customers. To me email marketing is doing shady shit for optins like instead of using actual optin checkboxes to get emails they just put it in the TOS on an email submit. Or buy the lists flat out. Then they just spam random products that they're hoping people on their list have an interest in. I think there's people who are good at it and have targeted lists, but aside from actual spammers who don't even bother with optins I feel like it's one of the least effective methods of online marketing. And of course spamming is borderline unethical and risky.

PDD, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  16. antoseeg

antoseeg Member

Best Answers:
    I like most of the methods in your first approach more than I like the email method, especially the building niche website approach. I've been able to generate passive for years by doing this.

antoseeg, Mar 12, 2015 IP
  17. Crystal Allen

Crystal Allen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been using email marketing for my cosmetic brand..Email marketing provides several dynamic opportunities. I am currently focusing on sending personalized emails to my customers across Canada and USA. I create separate email sends and find it less challenging than postal mails. I can now easily segment my buyers list into much smaller lists and send them a personalized email on different occasions. Not only has it boosted my sales but has also I have received feedbacks from customers saying the email speaks well about my brand.

Crystal Allen, Mar 26, 2015 IP
    Alex Leizerovich likes this.
  18. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your useful information. It has been proven time and time again that online marketing is a huge business. Lots of people are earning their living on the internet. I really Stand back up and ready to move on stronger and more experienced than before.

Xochitl Shatt, Mar 31, 2015 IP
  19. nard

nard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is indeed very effective in order to succeed online. Internet marketers know how to monetize this strategy to their advantage by sending useful and targeted content to their customers. I guess that’s that most important part in email marketing, to create content that’s actually interesting for our customers and not just send them a load of crap.

nard, Mar 31, 2015 IP