1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Search Engine + Music Engine + advertising network for sale

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Dani3K, Mar 27, 2015.

Why are you selling this site?
    I am selling this site because i don't have time to care for it anymore because of my job where i spend more than half a day.
    This website has alot of potential. To build it i spent more than 1000$ + the advertisments on facebook + google.
    The website can run on both http and https protocols, has powerful administration panel with many options and the search engine runs with API's from google, bing, yahoo, rss's and you can attach different databases from where to take the results (you'll need a crawler for this) and it also has a caching system configurable from the administration panel.

The bundle contains :
    - Search Engine (multifunctional) value
    - Music Engine
    - Advertising Network
    - Q&A (open source platform)
    - Domain (xosx.org)
    - All databases backups

How is it monetized?
    I haven't monetized it yet, but there are many options you can monetize it from, for search engine (value of 600$) = amazon affiliate, ebay affiliate, inout affiliate, jobs and advertisments (it has it's own text and banner advertising network value of 150$),
    A music engine where people can listen to music can be monetized with amazon affiliate and itunes.

Does this site come with any social media accounts?
    This website comes with account profiles where you have stored the licences for the products and it's licence files.
    Included in price the domain will be transferred to your registrar if you have one, otherwise you may create an account with a domain registrar to it can be transferred.

How much time does this site take to run?
    Right now this website runs on a 32GB ram machine and 6core processor on a 100MB bandwidth speed and it loads super fast, however in some cases it may take more because of the https validator.

What challenges are there with running this site?

Dani3K, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  2. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Awesome search engine, I have a feeling it's going to be the next big thing and by summer you should overtake bing/yahoo and then go after google.

praetserge, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  3. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Dreamer!
    To overtake bing and google?
    Better have a few billion dollars for advertising!

iowadawg, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  4. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    89.5% - 17
    So if it runs with API's from google, bing, yahoo, why would you need to use a Crawler?
    Is this a Multi-Search engine, collating results from a number of searchengines?

mytechiestuff, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  5. Dani3K

Dani3K Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It is because Google API limits to 5000 Queries per month, Bing 2500 same yahoo. So it has many options to keep you running in case you pass the limits. (It caches the results for the given time but new queries still count).
    Attached a preview of the admin options.

Finally Alexa updated the real rank for the domain. See attached or live at http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/xosx.org

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
    Dani3K, Mar 31, 2015 IP
  6. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Damn, this search engine is already so popular... How do I change search engine in firefox to xosx?

praetserge, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  7. dannyinpt

dannyinpt Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    CTRL+ALT+DEL+mylife

dannyinpt, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  8. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    89.5% - 17
    With the help of a fabulously talented (and therefore as a direct consequence of that) a totally nuts coder, created a searchengine a few years ago called mse360.com.

We used our own crawlers and were doing lots of innovative stuff, but I found over time, that there were too many technical problems manifesting themselves on an increasing bases.

It really needed a VERY large amount of money to try and make it in to a success with no guarantees and so very very regretfully I let it pass on to the cyber graveyard of "couldabeen projects"!

Would your site/project not face the same problems and if so why is that?

Thank you for your time.

KC

mytechiestuff, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  9. Dani3K

Dani3K Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi mytechiestuff,

I run this now for a couple of months, so far i never faced any problem with it.
    If there would be technical problems "ONLY" if the API's changes the way how they works for a particular program. Else there is no way it could cause problems since is built to work with the latest PHP 5.5 & latest mysql/mysqli version. In case any technical problems would arise you will have support to fix the problem. This SE also uses the MVC innovation (Model View Controller) which makes it simpler to edit and modifications.
    It can query all the API's + unlimited databases you have crawled by adding the connection to it and a simple query. As it has a option to display priority results which are set in the backend to display the results would do first PRIORITY RESULT second YOUR DB third API's fourth RSS.

The Music Engine is frequently updated and it uses to query Last.fm for mp3's and Youtube for videos (only if activated by the end user).
    The advertising platform (adserve.xosx.org) uses MVC too (front end is editable via backend panel) and there is no way it would stop working or to cause you technical problems unless you break it. :)
    They are very flexible, easy to edit and professionally coded.

Hope i answered most of your concerns, if you have any other question feel free to ask, i will answer.

Dani

Dani3K, Apr 2, 2015 IP
  10. samad074

samad074 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 1
    Can you pm me traffic details. Thanks

samad074, Apr 2, 2015 IP