1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon Seller Central

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Jordan Barlow, Mar 10, 2015.

I have been selling via Amazon Seller Central for a few years now and have done very well. I was wondering if any you have have sold on Amazon and what advice you have. I'd like to bounce ideas around. Thanks!

Jordan Barlow, Mar 10, 2015 IP
  2. reg89

reg89 Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Jordan,

Good Topic! :)

I have been selling on Amazon for about 6 months now and am amazed at how much I have sold lately. It has consistently grown since I have started. I have no idea if I am just getting lucky or what. It does seem on some products that the prices are always going lower and lower as the sellers are always trying to beat each other out, sometimes so that they are selling it at a loss… I don't get that unless they are just trying to liquidate their inventory.

One thing I learned is to never to buy expedited or priority shipping on Amazon as they overcharge for it. I have to go directly to the USPS website in order to get it cheap. I think it was like a $2 difference between Amazon and the USPS website for a Priority Mail Padded Mailer.

Reg

reg89, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  3. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, it seems great that you continually become a part of Amazon. According to my personal experience, I am also doing the Affiliate marketing with Amazon and getting a huge benefit through this. But, I would like to suggest you, if you are working like the same, then you need to promote your business in social media sites and need to do a blog post as well. I think, this is really fruitful for you.

Lipipaliwal, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  4. Jordan Barlow

Jordan Barlow Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the posts!

All good to know. I'm looking to become an Amazon Affiliate once my eBusiness grows big enough that I could get some good traffic through my own company website. Definitely some money to be made there.

Jordan Barlow, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  5. Jordan Barlow

Jordan Barlow Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the post reg89

I didn't realize Amazon charged more for priority and expedited. I usually ship Media Mail because I sell a lot of books, and I also ship First Class a lot for my lighter items. Are these also more expensive through Amazon? Do you just have a business account through USPS?

Jordan Barlow, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  6. Dave Best

Dave Best Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just for reference you can't be an affiliate for your own products. Right now if you have products selling on Amazon anyone can be an affiliate to sell your product.

I have been selling on Amazon since the end of 2014 and was amazed at how quickly I was able to sell. I have my own Private Label product that I designed and sell under my companies name. As it was my first product launch I was a bit hesitant on how much inventory to stock.

Only decided to stock 500 units. I basically ran all my marketing promotions for a week at the end of november. I havn't done anything but that and am almost out of stock. I am now confident I can push more product with further promotions just need the stock to do so.

Dave Best, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  7. Kanhai Patel

Kanhai Patel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, good to see that you guys are doing good on amazon. One question though.. When products don't have upc numbers, what do you do?

K..

Kanhai Patel, Apr 12, 2015 IP