1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How did you make your first £1 online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Original Hosting, Feb 17, 2015.

Hello All,

I'm sure we have all personally come a long way over the years we have been running our internet businesses, but for the newer users here... How did you make your first £1 online?

Mine was through a web hosting affiliate scheme, where I set up a website hosting toplist and added companies on it using their affiliate links. And now, I have been running my own web hosting business for nearly 3 years! I would recommend becoming an affiliate to any industry you want to learn, as you can make some money whilst blogging or having a website related to the industry you are learning.

Original Hosting, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  2. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That was so long ago I really can't remember. I think it was from one of my adult websites way back in the day, lol.

FPForum, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  3. Mo' Money

Mo' Money Active Member

Best Answers:
    selling adwords voucher and acc :D maybe not pound but about $40 lol

Mo' Money, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  4. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    freelance task, translation if not mistaken, that was too long ago for me to recall.....lol

lifeplayer, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  5. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I honestly can't remember. I think I got one of those free hosted sites and just wrote some text and place 20-30 of the same advertisements. I actually still earn a little from that site. Some 15+ years later.

superrichguy, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  6. kete

kete Active Member

Best Answers:
    It was actually at this forum! I did a horrible logo for just $10 haha. Back then I didn't know almost anything about design, and my friends told me that it was impossible to make money online without investing. So now I laugh hard at them. ;)

kete, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  7. Angela West

Angela West Member

Best Answers:
    I made my first dollar online doing cpa mixed with youtube marketing.I created content and created videos and took a few coarses to see how to rank youtube videos fairly well and mixed cpa offers on them and started off small making around $500 a month.Then I moved on to other things that interested me more

Angela West, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  8. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can suggest you to start SEO. Through this you can earn more money what you want. SEO is most like business in online market. At first you work hard little step. Hope you will become successful. Other ways Affiliate is a terrific way to earn money intended for selling someone else’s goods and never having to have just about any inventory. Affiliate advertising are generally designed into your own website/blog/page via related articles or blog posts (great once your content material will be robust in addition to compelling, yet should be accomplished thoroughly in order to avoid looking spammy), product-placement movies as well as less in addition to less normally, hysterical ads. When needed, you may also become a joint venture partner marketing expert with out a website (by publishing movies on Metacafe made up of inbound links on the product, intended for example).

Xochitl Shatt, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  9. Dave Best

Dave Best Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I made my first $1 online setting up a youtube video around how to download popular video game copies. I was paid per download. To be honest this is a really crappy way as it is very misleading. I feel bad that I even ever did that but it was a long time ago and I was desperate to make my first $1. However, to make good money you need credibility and a long term goal!

Dave Best, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  10. IrmaB

IrmaB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I made my first buck by selling Amazon products!

IrmaB, Mar 31, 2015 IP
  11. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bum Marketing (Article Marketing) with a squidoo lens..

kb24, Apr 8, 2015 IP
  12. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've never made £1 but I've made $1 "). Made mine through affiliate marketing. can't remember what I sold. Was something in the Luxury niche.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  13. nard

nard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It’s too long I really can’t remember, when I was starting out in online money making I tried several ways to make money. Joining PTC and forum sites, creating articles for sale, selling affiliate products, IM, offering SEO and other services. Simply saying, I strike while the iron is hot and in online world, the iron is always hot on these ventures. I honestly don’t remember where I got my first dollar but I can say that all of them brought good money on my bank at one point or another.

nard, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  14. InFlames20

InFlames20 Member

Best Answers:
    That was looooong time ago, like 10 or more years ago :) I started with PTC programs (the ones when you click on the links and view ads for $0.01 cent per ad). But since I had a lot of affiliates I managed to make few hundreds of dollars per month :)

InFlames20, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  15. Blesta.Store

Blesta.Store Active Member

Best Answers:
    I made mine by selling webhosting back in 2008. Good times, then the market grew so much lately it's hard for webhosts to get a good market.

Blesta.Store, Apr 20, 2015 IP