1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I use schema markups?

Discussion in 'Microdata' started by Mr.Dog, Mar 30, 2015.

They are supposed to help optimize the site - some say it would rank better.
    I never used schema markups, but taking a look at schema.org, they look rather complicated.

Should I use them? Is there any way to easily generate them - like sitemaps?

Are schema data markups really that vital or can you just forget about bothering with them?

Mr.Dog, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  2. Ash Stronge

Ash Stronge Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know about helping to rank better- i have seen conflicting reports about whether it does or not. but it should help increase your CTR on SERPS if you use it correctly. This is where i've seen the most value in it previously.

Ash Stronge, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  4. liquidone

liquidone Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to rank locally in the Google 6 packs then definitely use schema!

liquidone, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  5. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I've never used them, want to learn now. And I want to make sure it's worth bothering with them.
    I'd have to mess a lot with my code if I choose to use them.

Mr.Dog, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  6. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm interested in doing this for some of my sites, but I don't see a category listed for a phonebook 8-(

pmf123, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  7. rooturaj

rooturaj Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your question is too broad. There are many types of schema markups to be used. The most popular one IMHO is breadcrumbs. Sites with a large number of pages can definitely benefit from bread crumbs. Breadcrumbs are known to have improved user experience by providing a fair degree of organisation of pages in the website. But I have not seen any benefit by adding them to smaller websites. (less than 100 pages).
    Now talking about adding schema markups to the site, it depends what kind of cms you have. There are many plugins available for wordpress, joomla, magento etc.

rooturaj, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  8. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use any and I don't know if this is really that important for coding a site. I haven't used a CMS for this site and it has 500 pages.

I find these markups quite complicated and only heard about them a few weeks ago.

They look a bit similar to HTML5 tags/codes.

Mr.Dog, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  9. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Schema and structured data can help increase the click through rates through search engines but it does not necessarily affects ranking. It is good to use and be ahead, search engines (I am talking about rich snippets and microdata here) are going to provide more and more useful information to users through these types of structured data so
    sooner or later you would need to use them.

Mehdi.b, Jul 14, 2015 IP
  10. mikestaf35

mikestaf35 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi just wondering can anyone answer a couple of questions regarding schema microdata?
    where do the microdata entries go, in the header or in the main body of the html code
    when you put the microdata entries in do they show up on the page or do only the search engines see them
    can I add different microdata to each page on my site?
    thanks in advance for your replies

mikestaf35, Mar 13, 2016 IP
  11. andrewsnoopy

andrewsnoopy Member

Best Answers:
    Hi @mikestaf , the microdata entries go all over the markup of your website, but it's pretty extensive stuff, you'll need at least a bit of coding knowledge in order to be able to insert them. Try checking out schema.org for examples.

andrewsnoopy, Mar 14, 2016 IP
  12. andrewsnoopy

andrewsnoopy Member

Best Answers:
    Also you can use this to test out the quality of the stuff you insert. https://developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/

andrewsnoopy, Mar 14, 2016 IP
  13. mikestaf35

mikestaf35 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi thank you, can I ask another question regarding Microdata, I have added it to a few of my pages, hopefully its correct, its been approx a week now and the stars are not appearing on the results, I added it to
    http://www.platinumcomputers.biz/shop/33/184/0/Ipad-Repairs-in-Hartlepool
    http://www.platinumcomputers.biz/shop/33/186/0/Iphone-repairs-in-Hartlepool
    http://www.platinumcomputers.biz/contactus.php
    Am I being too impatient or have I done something wrong

Thanks again

mikestaf35, Mar 21, 2016 IP