1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying CSV coding/script needed

Discussion in 'Programming' started by tyankee, Mar 29, 2015.

i have a CSV that is sent to us by a customer. The data in one field needs to be manipulated to fill another field. Here are the details:

The field has text in it such as '2006 Ford Mustang Convertible' or '1966 Ford Mustang Fastback' or many other variations. This field must be scraped to find the 'category' and then move that category to another blank field in the CSV file. In the 2 examples above, the 'category' will be 'convertible' and 'fastback'. There are only about 12 categories and the tricky part is that some will not have a category - such as '1966 Ford Mustang' - which will default to the category of 'coupe'. Plus some may have more than 1 category - such as '1966 Ford Mustang Fastback Convertible' - which should be in 2 categories - 'fastback' and 'convertible'. The category field is formatted like this 'mustang fastback for sale:Fastback' for example for a mustang Fastback. In the case of one with 2 categories, it would be, for example, 'mustang fastback for sale:Fastback,mustang convertible for sale:Convertible'

If you understand these specs, then please PM me a quote and let's get started. Prefer someone who works the hours of 12 noon to 9PM Mountain Standard Time in the USA. I can communicate via Skype or Google+

tyankee, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  2. strongf1sh

strongf1sh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What is the language used for the csv parser? I'm interested to take the task but I don't have the ability to PM you.

strongf1sh, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  3. tyankee

tyankee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i have no idea what this means..

tyankee, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  4. tyankee

tyankee Well-Known Member