1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the top paying PPC keywords

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by jb007uk, Dec 11, 2006.

Hi,

I do not not yet know alot about this subject although I did see a guy that Yahoo were paying $9.00 for " Home Loans " As I am setting a website that is going to be dealing with the financial sector I wondered if this was correct ? I am only interested in PPC relevant to the U.K.

Rgds - JB

jb007uk, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  2. jb007uk

jb007uk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have found the info that I require, no need to respond - Thanks

jb007uk, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  3. amazoncom

amazoncom Peon

Best Answers:
    share the info please!

amazoncom, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  4. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Call me crazy, but if someone is willing to pay $9 per CLICK, how much are they making per Lead and still somehow making a profit? If I were you I'd follow the money trail and figure out how to get on the action. Otherwise, you're missing out on some cash.

Blackbeard, Dec 12, 2006 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  5. Austars

Austars Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think anyone would really tell you the highest paying keywords, then someone else would be able to get in on their action.

Austars, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  6. tdd1984

tdd1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think more then anything it matter on your website topic, I am getting about 75 cents to 1 dollar a click on my site, just because of the topic, now I have heard there better ones out there then google adsense your best bet is to just start trying them all out

tdd1984, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  7. jessecooper

jessecooper Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly dont follow the money but find a topic that is searched for a lot but not overcrowded (like investing). Then find a way to make that niche pay alot.

No, don't just randomly try stuff out. you have to be interested in what you are doing or your work will be sh*t and you will soon lose interest. There is alot more to the a quality site than the $$$

jessecooper, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  8. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of the higher prices you see aren't available to publishers. The highest prices are paid for yahoo or google search - ads that run only when you search on yahoo and google. A lot of advertisers don't opt in on the content match for yahoo (YPN) and google has separate pricing for adsense - which is also subject to smart pricing. Yahoo also takes about 40% and google approximately 25%. Home loans is a high paying sector, but highly competitive. The average domain age for top ranking sites in those sectors on google is 1996. A lot of those companies have in house SEO with six figure budgets - so getting traffic can be extremely difficult.

It would be a lot better to concentrate on smaller niches that you have a genuine interest in. There are probably 10,000 sites competing in the highly competitive markets and if you aren't in the top 20 you won't see any significant traffic. A $9.00 bid on google might only be a $1 bid (or less) on adsense (and then google takes its cut), so take that into consideration before chasing the highest paying keywords.

mjewel, Dec 12, 2006 IP
    jessecooper likes this.
  9. Fatsofa

Fatsofa Peon

Best Answers:
    It's the same as running any business, you have to build up your customer base and give them something they can't get just anywhere whether it be a product, service or even information. If you are en expert in arcade games and as you know everyone on the planet as an arcade game site look at doing something like arcade game repair or even game design. The more unique your service the harder it will be for someone to come along and squash you like a bug :)

Fatsofa, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  10. amazoncom

amazoncom Peon

Best Answers:

Can you share what do you found! Thanks!

amazoncom, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  11. CaptainB

CaptainB Peon

Best Answers:
    CaptainB, Dec 13, 2006 IP
    sellingonline likes this.
  12. sellingonline

sellingonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    nice list, but with smart pricing it's just a list at the end (and especially if everybody is using it)

sellingonline, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  13. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:

That list is waaaaay off. That is the same list that was being posted over a year ago. It shows $78.01 for "school loan consolidation" and the highest bid on yahoo (which isn't even available to publishers) is $3.63. You would be very lucky to get even $2.00 a click, and more than likely you would get under $1.

mjewel, Dec 13, 2006 IP